Does anyone else wish they go back to digital characters

#1 Posted by JEC03 (919 posts) -

Since MK is A 2D Fighter again which i think it always should of stayed does anyone think they should of gone back to Digital characters to really make it feel like a old mk game.I think the 3d models are still to cartoonish looking maybe in years to come they can make them 3d if the graphics are good enough.But i think if they went all this way to make it 2d they should of brought it back to the way we all remembered it back in the day.

#2 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

Yeah 3d models look too cartoonish looking unlike those digital characters from MK of yore what with the realistic blood and guts. 

I am being sarcastic but admittedly not very subtle.

#3 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Well the newest trailer looks almost similar enough in proportions (human proportions) unlike earlier last gen mortal kombat games (looks blocky)

#4 Edited by Damian (1538 posts) -

Yes. But like this ...

#5 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Digitized sprites look stupid by today's standards. Especially when fatalities are involved.

#6 Posted by Gamer_152 (14126 posts) -

I think we've moved past the time of 2D sprites in fighting games. I'm not saying that graphics are everything but the original Mortal Kombat graphics were very much graphics of their time.

#7 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

No, not at all and it boggles my mind that people still want this.

#8 Posted by CptBedlam (4462 posts) -

I wish they would go into a more realistic 3D direction like the UFC games. The new MK still looks too cartoony and too goofy.

#9 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Would be kind of funny to do, for a less serious XBLA/PSN game.
But for a proper full release, digitized graphics would be far too limiting.  Not to mention stupid looking, it would be impossible to take the game seriously.

#10 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

This game would be even better with Natal. Just saying.

#11 Posted by FireBurger (1480 posts) -

Why not play the old ones, then?

#12 Posted by shatteringlast (258 posts) -

I'd love if it was like, some bonus feature, giving us a choice if we could play with the old school sprites or something. Maybe new sprites for the characters I dunno. 

But I prefer the new 3d models because it allows the blood stains and the deformative models. The digital characters wouldn't be able to do that, I don't think.

#13 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Not really, however I do think they should include all the 2D counterparts and moves to play against the 3d back grounds after entering a special MK code.

@shatteringlast:
Yeah, what you said.

#14 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

no the game looks fucking amazing like it is now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.