Don't you find it really annoying when...

#1 Edited by lclay (383 posts) -

You go into a beginner's room online and half the people in there have a w/l ratio of like 500/120 and it's like dude you are clearly not a beginner, why don't you stop picking on beginners and go and fight someone that might actually be able offer you some sort of challenge.

I guess it's stupid of me to expect people on the internet not to be dicks but it just seems super stupid.

edit: Also, ragequitters >:(

#2 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

Because why fight good players when you could just boost your stats with new players.

#3 Posted by CookieMonster (2442 posts) -

Thats a pretty silly system. It should stop you from entering the room once you've registered 5 wins or something. However, I find it more annoying that I can't beat shao khan with raiden.

#4 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@lclay: Don't bother with Beginner rooms, they are NOT beginners, you have a better chance in regular rooms lol
#5 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@xhavoc86 or in the France room! Aw snap amiright!?!? ;)
#6 Posted by lclay (383 posts) -
@xhavoc86 Hmm there seems to be plenty of people as inept as me in there too but I'll check out some other rooms I guess.
#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Remove all w/l or k/d ratios from games please.

Beginners room are often filled with 'experts' and griefers,

#8 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1805 posts) -

Win/Lose doesn't mean much really. I'm sitting on 113/56 and I've gotten completely thrashed by a 0/0 players. But you are right, good players often prey on (assumed) scrubs to boost their ranking. It's especially bad for King of the Hill, but I suspect that's because of the trophy/achievement for respect point. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the only reason anyone plays King of the Hill period.  

#9 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I played a ranked match with a dude whose ratio was like 63/2547 or something last night.

#10 Edited by Zapbrader (176 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Remove all w/l or k/d ratios from games please. ,

I second this motion.

#11 Posted by darkvare (777 posts) -

thosse beginners rooms were probably created by pros trying to lure easy prey

#12 Posted by onarum (2228 posts) -

Not as annoying as people who don't finish their sentences on thread titles.

#13 Posted by TheHT (11673 posts) -
@CookieMonster said:
However, I find it more annoying that I can't beat shao khan with raiden.
Teleport like a motherfucker.
#14 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@lclay said:
@xhavoc86 Hmm there seems to be plenty of people as inept as me in there too but I'll check out some other rooms I guess.
Don't get me wrong, some of them are pretty awful, but there are just as many if not more skilled players dwelling in there for titles I'm assuming.
#15 Posted by CookieMonster (2442 posts) -
@TheHT said:
@CookieMonster said:
However, I find it more annoying that I can't beat shao khan with raiden.
Teleport like a motherfucker.
Yeah I've tried that. I think my problem is that I need to use more skill.
#16 Posted by ThePhenomenal1 (467 posts) -

because online wins and losses have absolutely no reflection on a player's skill. on my two accounts that i play on i have very little matches played because i play a lot of private matches with community members of test your might so that i can gain matchup experience or to learn a character. i've beaten people in ranked matches with thousands of wins under their belt and beaten them with ease because they're scrubby players who have no concept of how to play the game at a high level. i've been to tournaments and have a lot of experience in this game and no number can properly identify that to people. you just gotta play the person and download em.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.