Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Europian dislike for Mortal Kombat?

• 56 results
    awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By awe_stuck

Mortal Kombat is that the game where you cant sidestep cus its too complicated for mk users?

galloughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By galloughs

When I read this thread title, the first thing I thought of was this.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy guys, we shouldn't be fighting over this. MK is a banner people of all races and colors can rally under. MK's insensitive portrayal of Native Americans, Asians, Robots, Women, crotch punching movie stars who may or may not be based on a certain Belgian actor, undead ninjas, and reanimated collections of souls is something we can all be equally offended by. So come on, won't you join this peace train?

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By obcdexter

I'm German and I quite like MK, not as much as I thought I would, however. I still prefer both Tekken and SF in terms of gameplay, the presentation of MK beats them both, though. Those X-Rays are all fantastic and fatalities - though maybe a tad too extreme sometime - have always been a great feature.
    One thing remains to be said about the German version: The dub is a catastrophe and there is no way to switch to English voices. Never since Half Life 2 have I had to experience such a travesty when it comes to VA in games, but at least that game let the players decide whether they wanted to get their ears raped or not. There is just no excuse for not having that feature nowadays. Strips the story mode of all awesomeness in an instant.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By face15
    @DeeGee said:
    The people of Europia are a peaceful people.
    Excellent.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By Vinny_Says

It's because of the intense violence, face it, Europeans, although their history is one of the most violent, are not as desensitized to it. They grow up differently from north american children, and therefore people getting ripped in half doesn't have the same effect on them.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#57  Edited By fox01313

Think that MK might have problem with people liking it depends on if they got into MK with the early arcade games, if someone got into MK with some of the meh ps1/ps2/xbox console games then I can see how people might have passed up getting more into MK as some of those MK games with the 3d fighting areas were not the best representations of the MK games.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Americans loves violence more than the european. Well culturally and recently anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.