Female Man Faces?

#1 Edited by Beaudacious (927 posts) -

I just can't help but feel like every female character in MK9 has a man's face. I think its the lower jaw line that's throwing me off. The female bodies are ok, but as soon as something zoom's in on a female characters face it gets narly dude.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am i simply in need of glasses. Or maybe its the AA that making their Jaw Lines look so masculine. Ah who am i kidding Sonia Blade has been juicing since MK Vs. DC.

#2 Edited by Cwaff (1260 posts) -
@Beaudacious said:

I just can't help but feel like every feel male character in MK9 has a man's face.

Typo? :P 

I wasn't a fan of Kitana's face, prefer her with the mask.
#3 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Mostly sonya, I mean what happened to her? Doesn't even look like her with that man jaw.

I mean even morgan webb is like...damn.

#4 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

yeah I think it's just Sonya that pissed Jax off one day and got the Jax Clap.

#5 Edited by Beaudacious (927 posts) -
@LunarAura: LOL, that has to be the official explanation.
@Cwaff: Nah man i like to feel males, haha. Thx for the correction
#6 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

None of them struck me as being overly weird. Maybe I just hangout with a bunch of manly women...

#7 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -

Thats why hey all where masks! yah I kind of noticed, it's a problem with the gritty "realistic" art style. 

#8 Posted by JokerFrown (307 posts) -

Kitana is the one that drives me nuts.  Her costume 2 totally looks like a dude in the face.

#9 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Kitana's face looks plain awful.
The rest are not that bad.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

They aren't the most pretty faces, but they aren't that bad... they still look tons better than a lot real life faces lol

#11 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

if you look at the characters faces in the second half(ish) part of the story mode, anyone who looks at Kitana is saying in their head "put your mask back on"

#12 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -

I guess that's why they have ginormous tits.  "Hey, no really, these are the females, we swear!"

#13 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Did you see the header for Starcraft 2 on the homepage here? Now that's a man face.

#14 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

For women who spend most of their time being punched and murdered for eternity I think you're expecting (and getting) a hell of a lot.

#15 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Sonya's face just looks like the actress who played Sarah Connor in Terminator 1 and 2, so I'm fine with her face. 
But I WAS a little... put off by Kitana's face.  At certain angles it looks fine, but sometimes it just looks odd.

#16 Posted by Crono (2656 posts) -

Glad I'm not the only one who wants to put a bag over Sonya's head.

#17 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Female man feces?

#18 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1764 posts) -

I'm too busy punching them to notice or care. 

#19 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

The MK team seems to struggle with female faces. Go look at Wonder Woman in MKvDCU. Her face is terrible. The PS2 era games' female faces were excusable, but only because you could hardly make them out with that technology.

#20 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

Yea, Mileena looks like Baracka.

#21 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

I didn't really notice it, but I don't spend my time staring at the female characters either.

#22 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Are you implying MK has terrible character design? News to me!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.