Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Good MK Guides?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mazik765

I just got MK the other day and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some basic combo guides (bonus if they are easy for a beginner to understand!) or websites that are good resources when learning about the game? I'm new to playing fighting games online, so the simpler the better :)

Thanks in advance!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3911-Mortal-Kombat-9-Ultimate-Guide

I never looked at this much myself but I hope it helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've always found that, for fighting games at least, simple guides and walkthroughs won't help as much as good, old-fashioned elbow grease. 

For philosophical reading, I'd actually suggest checking out the game specific forums over at GameFAQs (a board that has stayed reasonably committed to chatting about the pros-and-cons of the characters/fighting system) and perhaps watching some of the streams Team Sp00ky has up over on justin.tv. Obviously, watching high-level fighting game magicians isn't by osmosis going to make you a better player, but you'll see quickly that there are certain styles--both slower and faster--of play that can be used in the game. 

Mostly, it's just a matter of plugging away at a character or three until you've gotten comfortable enough to take the fight against other dudes. And even there, you're going to lose a fair bit. It's all trial by fire. But that's the fun of it, I think.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bestostero

Well I would definitely practice the simple combos they have on the menu and then start combining, I find youtube to very helpful, cause not only will they show the input but you can actually see it, so you can try and match what they're doing as far as timing and so fourth lol

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.