Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Hi, im a noob. And i need serious help.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pibo47

Well, as the title says....i suck at this game. But i cannot seem to find other players of my "caliber". Does anyone want to help  train me to be a better player, or have any tips on how to exactly get better? I've found the 3 characters i like to play as, and who i am probably best as...but it just seems like every match is me getting my ass handed to me.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mrfluke

primarly  what beginner people forget to use is the block and throw buttons,you should definitely use those, and also try to fight without using your super meter that much because breakers and x-rays can really turn the match over to your side, and if you fighting characters like ermac, scorpion and smoke, its best to focus more on their movements and try to anticipate their actions,  

ermac is deadly because of  his throw special moves, if you can get in there and counter all his attempts at doing those moves, then you should be fine 

hope that info helps in some way 

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

You should probably tell us those three characters that you like to play.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Pibo47
    @mrfluke: Very interesting, i do rely on my super meter stuff. And i dont block very well, thx man! 
    @Spoonman671: I play as scorpion mainly, i know his moves and how to use them relatively well. But i also really enjoy to play as ermac and noob saibot, even though i haven't really learned how to use their combo's effectively yet..
    EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By EvilDingo

I can probably help you against other noobs - although I'm a bit noobish myself, but slowly getting out of noobism :-) 

- Learn to block. 
    - Blocking low is "pretty" safe... and most noob discover this. 
    - Because other noobs rely on low-blocking... remember to use throws to punish this :-)  Throws doesn't connect with ducking foes... but actually connect with ducking foes that block. 

This is a bit more work but... 
    - Mid-attacks actually break low-blocks, so figure out which mid-attacks your character has. Some characters only have a mid-attack as part of a kombo though. 
    - Some specials are mid-attacks.
    - Jumping in and punching is a mid-attack AND a good kombo-starter... but most low-blocking noobs are probably JUST waiting to pull of an uppercut, so it's pretty dangerous to jump in.

And that concludes my advice about low-blocking. 

One last tip though: 
    You can *for the most part* use specials seamlessly instead of any move in a kombo. Without really knowing a character's kombos and moves, you can actually still assume that any attack is the first attack in a kombo... and as such any one-hit attack can *probably* be followed up by a special safely. 
    This is by no means always the case, because sometimes the special is performed to slowly after the hit and can be blocked... but it is still... well... something to try out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.