How are the book ends?

#1 Posted by crusader8463 (14426 posts) -

The PS3 collectors edition of MK9 with the nifty book ends are on sale at a local store for $50 and I was wondering how good they were as actual book ends as I'm actually in the market for book ends for the top of my book shelf and have been wanting to pay this game for some time now but I have just been waiting for it to go on sale. I know about that new one with the DLC coming out in the near future, but I don't plan to play this game online so DLC skins and new characters don't interest me; I'm playing this for the story mode/single player.

Anyway, just looking for opinions from those that bought the one with the book ends on how well they work.

#2 Posted by TechHits (1390 posts) -

for 50 bones I would pick it up, the stick by itself is worth more than that.

#3 Posted by TopSteer (675 posts) -

@TechHits said:

for 50 bones I would pick it up, the stick by itself is worth more than that.

I believe you are thinking of the tournament edition. The Kollector's edition is the one with just the bookends.

#4 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1194 posts) -

The bookends are really good quality art wise. And they are heavy enough to be used as proper book ends. The detail in the character models is awesome. I have mine but have no regular ass bookshelves to put them on.

#5 Posted by TechHits (1390 posts) -

@TopSteer: good call, in that case it's still a fine deal but I wouldn't lose sleep over it if you don't get it.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11419 posts) -

I'm just going to say that you should play that game. Which version doesn't matter, JUST PLAY THAT GAME.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.