Ive played the PS Plus demo..

• 65 results
#51 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -
@RecSpec said:
" The Test Your Luck sequence made me want this game bad too. Reminds me of the arcade when you would button mash the prefight screen and get something on accident.  Also, I'm definitely buying this at GameStop for Scorpions fatality. Split Decision was pretty dull. "
Eh I disagree; I quite enjoyed Split Decision. The fact that he cuts them up and the parts fall back into their original place is awesome and the slomo when he THISISSPARTAs the body is badass- the VERTICAL head slice is a great way to finish
#52 Edited by Skald (4370 posts) -

So far I'm liking this better than Street Fighter. The hits feel harder and the jumping feels, I don't know, heavier. So far I'm favouring Mileena, but I can't get over the feeling that the AI is slightly rigged. They can block pretty much everything no matter how much you change between highs and lows, but certain moves will almost always work. AI Sub Zero also has a hard time using his freezing moves properly. If he freezes you, he often refuses to follow it up. 

But the fighting itself is really satisfying, and incredibly cathartic.

#53 Posted by Sveppi (130 posts) -

I haven't played a MK game since Deadly Alliance (which I did play quite a lot though, and liked) and I've since kinda fallen out of touch with the fighting genre as a whole. But the more I see of this game the more I desperately crave it, I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this demo and, eventually, the full game :D 

#54 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this game.

#55 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

I don't like fighting games, this game looks really cool.

#56 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -

I was a bit cold at the beginning but it's warming up to me. 

Shame that Sub-Zero's Ice Puddle is near worthless and slow. It takes forever and disappears in an instant. His Ice shot looks slow but seems fine at least. 

I don't think I'm getting it right off the gate though, gonna wait for an Amazon sale.

#57 Posted by JacDG (2131 posts) -

Why aren't the versus mode open to me? Getting tired of fighting the AI, since it appears know what I'm about to do before I do and blocks half my attacks, and even then I beat the four dudes on Expert without that much trouble..

#58 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@Nikral said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @Raven_Sword said:
" BTW: I will be quite dissapointed in giantbomb if there is not a quicklook of this demo by the end of the week. "
Lol, why not just quicklook the game when it's released? What's the sense of quicklooking a demo when the game is soon here? haha "
Because from what Brad and Ryan? (Cant remember the second person) have been saying they are pretty excited about this game...   I just played the PSN demo as well, loving it so far. Def. going to pre-order. Hope there will be more than just 1 Fatality for each character though...  "
Brad and Jeff. Those guys have always loved MK.
#59 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

Yeah I'm playing this PS Plus Demo right now too. I'm not a big fan of fighting games in general, but I used to play a ton of Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 back in the day. This game looks like a revamp of MKII. The screaming trees level, the pit, the characters and designs all look like an updated MKII tribute. I think this game is going to be sweet, it's really paying homage to the old glory days of the MK franchise, and I think lots of the old school guys are going to dig this. Happy with how it's turned out thus far, I recommend it.

#60 Edited by Clenchmask (63 posts) -

Got PSN plus for this demo... and all the free stuff, which is substantial actually. Demo is ruling my world, not sure whether or not to get the box version or PS3, I could give a flying fuck about Kratos. I hate cameos in videogames, i.e. Star Wars character is SC4, they don't fit at all, Kratos is more appropriate for sure, but it's not "pure" if you know what I mean. That and the resolution seemed a bit off in the demo code and it's important for me to have the sharpest, best playing version of this game. And it's a known fact that Unreal engine games run better on 360 because of it's PC architecture. Although if they put a GOW, Ninja Gaiden, DOA, or Halo character in the Box version I'm sticking with PS3 for sure. I'm not a big fan of any of the potential exclusive MS characters. Also using the analog stick for inputs, seems more responsive to me. Haven't cracked the secret to the Living Forest's pit fatality yet.

#61 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

Just got home from PAX and wanted to let you guys know the demo there was different. I don't remember all the characters, but it was set up for tag battle, and the ones I remember seeing/playing as were (aside from the characters in the demo): Kitana, Noob, Reptile, Nightwolf, Sektor, Cyrax, and I THINK Raiden.

#62 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -
@Rmack:  Get any video of the demo?
#63 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -
@TechHits:  Sorry, no :(. The line was moving so quick I didn't even think to do it. On the bright side, you would have probably seen nothing but people like me who have never played the game before try to play with new characters.
#64 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -
@Rmack:  oh well, at least the demo sounds good.
#65 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Want to play so badly. Why can't they at least say when the demo will be out for 360? :(
The silence on that front makes me think there won't be one before launch. I hope I'm wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.