Kahn playable?

#1 Posted by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -

Is he playable in the game? I was seeing a gameplay video of the Vita version and they performed his fatality. He hasn't been announced as an exclusive so have I just not unlocked him yet in the PS3 version?

#2 Edited by FTomato (233 posts) -

He's not playable in the console version.

Did they perform a fatality with him or was it viewed in the trailer? Because if you lose to him in arcade mode he'll occasionally do a fatality on you.

Also might be part of the new challenge tower challenges.

#3 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Definitely not playable in the console version, though he (as do all the boss characters) has two fatalities he can perform.

#4 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

This has made me want to play MK again! Such a shame that my save got corrupted! :(

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10471 posts) -

I still think it's weird that his name isn't spelled Shao Khan. Maybe he didn't have enough wrath.

#6 Posted by FTomato (233 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: Khan would be pronounced different.

#7 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

Fuck Kahn. He was the worst part about playing the single player as you had to cheese him to win and that's never fun.

#8 Posted by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -
@FTomato Yeah they were showing the touch screen fatality, so the finger was sliding across the screen. It was from Destruction.
@Sammo21 I just fired whatever projectile I had over and over. Even Sub Zeros ice ball causes damage on the second it.
#9 Posted by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -

Destructoid was the site. And u hate my phones spell check.

#10 Posted by mccarron (75 posts) -

On the Vita he is playable in a few of the new Bonus Challenge Tower missions. In one you play as him and another you have to do his fatality using the touch screen.

He was playable on the consoles with hacks, they were no different from any other character just decided not to put them into the game for balance reasons. For that reason I wonder if he (and Goro/Kintaro too) will be unlockable or not on the Vita. It's been rumored but no firm details yet.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Khan IS playable in a limited sense though. In one of the tower missions you do get to control Khan. At least I'm pretty sure its been awhile since I've played. I do know %100 that you do get to play as Goro in one of the challenge tower missions. Also all 3 bosses have two different fatalties but they only use them as their discretion so...not very often.

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

Any word on the price?

#13 Posted by jlev880 (204 posts) -

I hope he's not playable because he would easily be the cheapest character in the game.

#14 Posted by mccarron (75 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Khan IS playable in a limited sense though. In one of the tower missions you do get to control Khan. At least I'm pretty sure its been awhile since I've played. I do know %100 that you do get to play as Goro in one of the challenge tower missions. Also all 3 bosses have two different fatalties but they only use them as their discretion so...not very often.

Correct. You get to play as them even more on the Vita's new Challenge Tower.

@DarthOrange said:

Any word on the price?

MSRP is $39.99, I'm wondering if the PSN only price will be cheaper but I haven't got confirmation on that.

#15 Posted by TechHits (1367 posts) -
#16 Posted by sMOoie1 (59 posts) -

he should be playable lol;p;(;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.