Klassic Skins Pack Available Now (on the 360)

• 52 results
#1 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

You can now pick up the pre-order costumes on the Xbox 360 Marketplace.  I'm assuming they will also be available later tonight on the PlayStation Store when it updates.

The pack is 400 Microsoft Points (or $5) and takes up 108 KB.

#2 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

108 KB, huh?

#3 Posted by Aishan (1003 posts) -
@Gumby said:
108 KB, huh?
They had to be on the disc you so could see other people using them from their pre-orders.
#4 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -
@Aishan
That seems extremely reasonable. 
Also it wan't really bothering me... Just seems like fun to point out since people like to claim that everything that's on the disc belongs to them ^^
#5 Posted by 71Ranchero (2574 posts) -
@Aishan said:
@Gumby said:
108 KB, huh?
They had to be on the disc you so could see other people using them from their pre-orders.
They are also featured in Story mode and Challenge tower. I dont much care that they are on disk. Most pre-order bonus's are. 

Anyone have any idea what time PSN gets updates?
#6 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

"Klassic Skins Pack #1"
Guess we know where this is going then. Wonder if they will do this for every character eventually. I want backwards hat Styker.

#7 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -
@Slaker117: I'm not sure about that, the #1 could be a placeholder just in case they do release more "Klassic" costumes.  But who am I kidding, we're probably getting more (and I hope we do)
#8 Posted by 71Ranchero (2574 posts) -
@SMTDante89 said:
@Slaker117: I'm not sure about that, the #1 could be a placeholder just in case they do release more "Klassic" costumes.  But who am I kidding, we're probably getting more (and I hope we do)
Smoke Klassic is on disk. He can be seen i stormy mode as "generic ninja". I think they didnt include him because he has those smoke effects so his Klassic costume might not be as simple as most others. Same with Noob with his shadow and gloop. 
#9 Posted by Aishan (1003 posts) -
@Slaker117@SMTDante89: There's been some datamined MK3 Cyrax and Sektor costumes found a while back, so they've probably got plans for a lot more.
#10 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

I completely forgot about Sektor and Cyrax.  Now I just feel dumb.

#11 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I'm still on the fence on buying this, i want to support dlc, but i hate these costumes...bleh

#12 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

I can't believe I just spent £3.50 on fucking character skins. But MK9 Reptile and Ermac look SO BAD.

#13 Posted by 71Ranchero (2574 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
I'm still on the fence on buying this, i want to support dlc, but i hate these costumes...bleh
How can you say that. The Reptile one alone makes that character relevant again. :P
#14 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I do want that reptile costume pretty bad but I have never brought a costume for a game ever because lets fact it, buying virtual costumes to make your character look different is kinda retarded. I don't haven't even been playing MK that much but I am so damn tempted.

#15 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

For me, I'm getting them not just for costumes, but those "Klassic" fatalities for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile.

#16 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I'll be honest, a significant factor in my purchase was the fact that I hate seeing "???" in the moves lists for characters with classic fatalities. Makes me feel like I'm missing something.

#17 Posted by Rafaelfc (1280 posts) -

Damn.. usually I play Sektor online, but now I feel like I MUST use one of the ninjas to justify my purchase... oh god, what have I done!?!?!?

#18 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Atramentous said:
@xhavoc86 said:
How can you say that. The Reptile one alone makes that character relevant again. :P
I have it already through the amazon preorder code, other than him and Ermac, the rest are pretty bleh lol
#19 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Finally used Ermac now that I have his klassic kostume. Yo duders, I don't like using Ermac. Disappointed.

#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2574 posts) -

The pack is available on PSN but you have to use search to find it. 

#21 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

The Reptile Skin is the only one worth anything.

Luckily I pre-ordered at Amazon.

#22 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1680 posts) -
@Atramentous said:
@SMTDante89 said:
Smoke Klassic is on disk. He can be seen i stormy mode as "generic ninja". I think they didnt include him because he has those smoke effects so his Klassic costume might not be as simple as most others. Same with Noob with his shadow and gloop. 
You can fight klassic Smoke and Noob Saibot. The effects work just fine. 
#23 Posted by spiceninja (3052 posts) -

The file is 108kb on 360 and 700kb on PS3. I wonder why that is.

#24 Posted by handlas (2545 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
"Klassic Skins Pack #1" Guess we know where this is going then. Wonder if they will do this for every character eventually. I want backwards hat Styker.
Did they not already announce they will be releasing more? 

Someone posted a vid of MK3 Cyrax and Sektor skins.  They looked pretty damn awesome.  I'd buy them.  I want MK3 Kano tho.
#25 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@handlas: If they did I missed it. Only other DLC I've heard them talk about was Skarlet and Kenshi, with a few teases that there is stuff still coming after that. Never said what it was, but with those robot skins, it's a pretty safe assumption we will be seeing some more costume packs.

This is a bit tangential, but interesting. There is a rumor going around the Freddie and Jason of horror movie fame are going to be DLC characters. They fit in in terms of violence, and everything is owned by WB, so it is totally possible. Mortal Komabt is open to crossovers as shown by MK vs DC, and Ed Boon has said there are currently two unannounced characters in the works. Of course, none of that confirms anything, it's all very broad, but it's fun speculation.
#26 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1680 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
@handlas: If they did I missed it. Only other DLC I've heard them talk about was Skarlet and Kenshi, with a few teases that there is stuff still coming after that. Never said what it was, but with those robot skins, it's a pretty safe assumption we will be seeing some more costume packs.  This is a bit tangential, but interesting. There is a rumor going around the Freddie and Jason of horror movie fame are going to be DLC characters. They fit in in terms of violence, and everything is owned by WB, so it is totally possible. Mortal Komabt is open to crossovers as shown by MK vs DC, and Ed Boon has said there are currently two unannounced characters in the works. Of course, none of that confirms anything, it's all very broad, but it's fun speculation.
I was under the impression that one of the unannounced characters as going to be Fujin. If I recall correctly when the game was datamined they found that the announcer already had Fujin soundbites. 
#27 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@SoldierG654342: You're right, I totally forgot about that. That seems more plausible, though less interesting. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I kind of like the idea of Freddie and Jason being added just because it would be crazy, but don't think I would actually want to play as them. With Fujin, I just don't care. But I would probably still buy him. Damn you, Ed Boon.
#28 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3323 posts) -

I'm not buying anything until I see how well their online fix works.  As of now, online is completely unacceptable. 

#29 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

They said they would make more based on the sales, so support them!  More alternates costumes are most likely, I remember i posted somewhere before that there would be more and that they already had made concept art for them.

And don't forget, they said there would be free dlc! ...but then again they also said they wouldn't charge us for content on the disc...lol

#30 Posted by Guyzea (814 posts) -

DAMMIT BOON!! I NEED A BACKWARDS HAT STRYKER!

#31 Posted by Draugrim (135 posts) -

@Guyzea said:

DAMMIT BOON!! I NEED A BACKWARDS HAT STRYKER!

Seconded. Also, fuck yeah buffed Shin Chan avatar ;-)

#32 Posted by spiceninja (3052 posts) -

I bought the pack on PS3, the 700kb came from each costume being 100kb each and installing separately. Not sure how or why it's only 108kb on 360.

#33 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

$5 is exactly what I was hoping to pay. I wonder, though, does this pack include the classic fatalities as well?

#34 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: Yes, you get classic Fatalities for Scorpion (Toasty), Sub-Zero (Head Rip) and Reptile (can't remember the name, but he eats their head).
#35 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@SMTDante89: Thanks, pal. Definitely worth my $5.
#36 Posted by HistoryInRust (6212 posts) -

I really like the throwback costumes for the lady-ninjas.

#37 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

The classic fatalities would be the only reason why I might cave... argh, i'm probably gonna get it, plus it'll support more dlc release too i guess, im sold lol

#38 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
And don't forget, they said there would be free dlc! ...but then again they also said they wouldn't charge us for content on the disc...lol
Would be nice if Boon would acknowledge this..  I'm guessing it was someone at WB that stepped in though, probably after seeing how much people were paying for the codes on eBay. 
Would love to see more though, I'd definitely be willing to pay for content that's not already on the disc.
#39 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
@xhavoc86 said:
Would be nice if Boon would acknowledge this..  I'm guessing it was someone at WB that stepped in though, probably after seeing how much people were paying for the codes on eBay. 
Would love to see more though, I'd definitely be willing to pay for content that's not already on the disc.
I think so too, after seeing so many people paying tons for it on eBay I'm sure they thought well if they are willing to pay 80-100 for one costume, we can just bundled them all and offer it for five, they wont complain! 

Also, yay, just downloaded my costumes, gonna unlock all the secret fatalities now lol
#40 Edited by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Is anyone having problems with the Costume Pack? I keep having to redownload them on my main account for them to appear on a sub account on ps3... 

EDIT: Just realize this is just happening in online matches...i cant use Mileena/Jade/Kitana/Sub Zero/Scorpion klassics online... is anyone else having this problem?

#41 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1680 posts) -
@xhavoc86: Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Went to go use klassic Reptile and it was gone. Online is doing some real bizarre things. 
#42 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
@xhavoc86: Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Went to go use klassic Reptile and it was gone. Online is doing some real bizarre things. 
I heard it was due to the patch that was released, not sure though...but good to know im not the only one i guess lol
#43 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -

I haven't seen this pack on PSN in EU yet. 
I wonder why?

#44 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@EvilDingo said:
I haven't seen this pack on PSN in EU yet. I wonder why?
It should be coming out soon or is already out, they said on twitter that it was coming out earlier, try searching for it.
#45 Posted by NovaDTH (139 posts) -

Really annoyed that they're not showing up to use online. I hope it gets fixed soon.

#46 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@NovaDTH said:
Really annoyed that they're not showing up to use online. I hope it gets fixed soon.
This is due to people not buying it, you can only use the klassic costumes with people who also bought them as well.  They're releasing the "compatibility" download with Skarlet next week so that you can use them even if your opponent did not buy them and giving Sektor and Cyrax Klassics free with it.
#47 Posted by NovaDTH (139 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
@NovaDTH said:
This is due to people not buying it, you can only use the klassic costumes with people who also bought them as well.  They're releasing the "compatibility" download with Skarlet next week so that you can use them even if your opponent did not buy them and giving Sektor and Cyrax Klassics free with it.

Hopefully you mean alongside the Skarlet because I'm not gonna be buying her just to fix the game haha. I'm assuming they'll be fixing the desync issues as well?
#48 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@NovaDTH said:
@xhavoc86 said:
@NovaDTH said:
 Hopefully you mean alongside the Skarlet because I'm not gonna be buying her just to fix the game haha. I'm assuming they'll be fixing the desync issues as well?
yeah, I pretty sure it's alongside Skarlet, although you should buy Skarlet anyways! lol  

not sure about the lag and desync issues, supposedly the recent patch was suppose to help with the lag, but it didn't really help me at all, no noticeable change, in fact, i would say it got worst...
#49 Posted by NovaDTH (139 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
@NovaDTH said:
@xhavoc86 said:
@NovaDTH said:
yeah, I pretty sure it's alongside Skarlet, although you should buy Skarlet anyways! lol   not sure about the lag and desync issues, supposedly the recent patch was suppose to help with the lag, but it didn't really help me at all, no noticeable change, in fact, i would say it got worst...

The patch helped with lag a lot for me but about 50% of the time i get desynced for no real reason. Hopefully they'll fix it for real next week.
#50 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
@NovaDTH said:
Are you sure this is correct?
I was beaten by a klassic Reptile yesterday, and I don't have the klassic pack yet.... PS3-version

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.