Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Lady in Red: A Day 1 Skarlet Kombo Video

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Edited By StarvingGamer

I was thinking about making a menstruation related joke for the thread title but figured it would be in poor taste.

In an effort to be on the cutting edge of MK9 technology I decided to grind out some powerful Skarlet combos this morning. In all my previous videos I've been able to observe high-level footage and read forum threads for a base of knowledge that I could refine. In the case of Skarlet, however, I was basically running blind. Once I started messing around with her, I was immediately impressed with the variety of tools she has, most of all her Red Dash.

With a variety of quick strings that put the opponent into a stagger state, she can cancel into her Red Dash and immediately set the opponent up for a 50/50 either eating a low slide for an untechable knockdown or an overhead ground-bounce attack that sets up a damaging combo. Unfortunately there is no way for her to simply cancel out of it like Kabal's Nomad Dash but I suppose that's for the best, we don't want her to be too imba. She's already looking like a potential for top tier however, with beefy damage to back up her strong pressure game.

I'm going to have to mess around with her more, but I doubt I'll be able to squeeze much more damage out of her in a single combo. I'll probably start looking at her various options and figure out ways to maximize her damage in my standard set of situations. Enjoy and I'll probably be back with more Skarlet on Monday (I have to dedicated the rest of my free time this week to cleaning since my girlfriend's parents will be visiting us on Saturday).

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

I was thinking about making a menstruation related joke for the thread title but figured it would be in poor taste.

In an effort to be on the cutting edge of MK9 technology I decided to grind out some powerful Skarlet combos this morning. In all my previous videos I've been able to observe high-level footage and read forum threads for a base of knowledge that I could refine. In the case of Skarlet, however, I was basically running blind. Once I started messing around with her, I was immediately impressed with the variety of tools she has, most of all her Red Dash.

With a variety of quick strings that put the opponent into a stagger state, she can cancel into her Red Dash and immediately set the opponent up for a 50/50 either eating a low slide for an untechable knockdown or an overhead ground-bounce attack that sets up a damaging combo. Unfortunately there is no way for her to simply cancel out of it like Kabal's Nomad Dash but I suppose that's for the best, we don't want her to be too imba. She's already looking like a potential for top tier however, with beefy damage to back up her strong pressure game.

I'm going to have to mess around with her more, but I doubt I'll be able to squeeze much more damage out of her in a single combo. I'll probably start looking at her various options and figure out ways to maximize her damage in my standard set of situations. Enjoy and I'll probably be back with more Skarlet on Monday (I have to dedicated the rest of my free time this week to cleaning since my girlfriend's parents will be visiting us on Saturday).

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

Very good vid man.

sickboy024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sickboy024

can i get a text version of those strings? shes way to fast and new for me to follow the inputs in that vid, thanks

MyNameIsJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MyNameIsJoe

You are really good at this game. 

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By priorityseven

Another great video, thanks duder.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

@sickboy024: I put transcripts of my combos in the description of all my videos. Here's the one for my Skarlet video

The following combos were performed using a PS3 Sixaxis controller
    NOTE: Skarlet's Red Dash behaves oddly. You can buffer the input normally however you have to HOLD FOWARD on the D-Pad/Joystick until it comes out. If you let go too soon the cancel won't happen. Also to cancel her Red Dash into Up Slash/Down Slash you just have to press F+BP or B+BP respectively.
    Kombo 1: Jump-in 44% when less than 1/2 screen away from corner
    fj.BP, F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, F+BPxxFPxxBPxxFP+BPxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxRed DashxxRed Slide
    Kombo 2: Jump-in 42% when more than 1/2 screen away from corner
    fj.BP, F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, F+BPxxFPxxBPxxFP+BPxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxRed DashxxRed Slide
    Kombo 3: X-Ray 48% when less than 1/2 screen away from corner
    fj.BP, F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, F+BPxxFPxxBPxxFP+BPxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxBlood Bank(X-Ray)
    Skarlet seems like an amazing character. Her projectile hits twice and is multi-directional in the air. She can maintain major pressure her by cancelling her strings into a Red Dash cancelled into a High, Medium or Low attack, two of which can lead to a damaging combo. Of course her X-Ray scales horribly but that's not a big surprise. More to come later.
    -StarvingGamer
    figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By figurehead00

That... was some amazing shit, and I'm not ashamed to say I didn't understand any of it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.