Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Mortal Kombat "9" PC port?

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By phrosnite

Hey guys, I was a big MK fan in the arcades and I had a lot of fun in MK4 on the PC but since then there hasn't been a PC port of the new MK games. The new game looks awesome. So... I wanted to ask you if there is a way to justify a PC port?
     Capcom made SF4 PC version... Do you know if it did well?  Do you think MK will sell enough on the PC if there was a port?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

Yeah SF4 did so well that it was the most pirated game that year. Some might call shenanigans to those reports, but there is a reason why SSF4 as of this writing will not be coming on the PC. 

jvsexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jvsexy

They making it for the PS3 and X360....no PC.

julian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By julian81

Ed Boon say that the Mortal Kombat 9 team may also follow in Street Fighter IV's footsteps and will think about releasing a version of the game for the PC. - Kotaku

can't wait!!!

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By august
    @StaticFalconar said:
    "Yeah SF4 did so well that it was the most pirated game that year. Some might call shenanigans to those reports, but there is a reason why SSF4 as of this writing will not be coming on the PC.  "

Actually it was the fifth most pirated game of 2009.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KingBroly
    @august said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:
    "Yeah SF4 did so well that it was the most pirated game that year. Some might call shenanigans to those reports, but there is a reason why SSF4 as of this writing will not be coming on the PC.  "
    Actually it was the fifth most pirated game of 2009. "
    That's still pretty high.
    Robstaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Robstaroth

Who cares  if that´s the most pirated game ever? 
      I wanna see it in pc, they dont make me buy a ps3 only for  1 game.
    The game looks awesome. I think  that is a very good idea to make it for pc in all aspects, money, popularity, etc.
    Imagine the mods posible for this!

just make it!

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @KingBroly
    @august said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:
    Actually it was the fifth most pirated game of 2009. "
    That's still pretty high.
    It's a high profile title, what did you expect?
    It also sold exceptionally well too on pc.
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By metal_mills
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " Yeah SF4 did so well that it was the most pirated game that year. Some might call shenanigans to those reports, but there is a reason why SSF4 as of this writing will not be coming on the PC.  "
    It sold very well on PC. There is no reason why SSF4 couldn't come but they still won't do it. So you get strong sales, good profit and some pirating. Or no sales, no profit, no pirating. I know which one I'd pick.
    jok3rxfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By jok3rxfear
    @StaticFalconar said:
    Yeah SF4 did so well that it was the most pirated game that year. Some might call shenanigans to those reports, but there is a reason why SSF4 as of this writing will not be coming on the PC. 
    SSF4 is coming to the PC in July 2011. Check the steam store. There is no reason why MK 2011 shouldn't come to the PC, cos piracy is on every platform. Hardcore fans like myself would still buy the original any day. If Ed Boon decides to just stick to the consoles then, it's his loss. I am waiting for MK 2011 for the PC, hope it does come.
    Cordiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cordiss

I would love to see MK9 come to PC. Buying a console and a HDTV for one game alone is a bit too crazy.
    So I've been asking Ed Boon on twitter about a PC port. No answer yet. It's hard to get a straight answer. All we have to go on are hints at and speculation.

We'll have to wait and see. Perhaps there will be an announcement at E3?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313
    @phrosnite:
     Seeing how MK4 was the last pc game in the MK franchise, I seriously doubt that this will be coming to PC as the last few like MK vs DC didn't go to PC either.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By imsh_pl
    @jok3rxfear said:
    @StaticFalconar said:
    SSF4 is coming to the PC in July 2011. Check the steam store. There is no reason why MK 2011 shouldn't come to the PC, cos piracy is on every platform. Hardcore fans like myself would still buy the original any day. If Ed Boon decides to just stick to the consoles then, it's his loss. I am waiting for MK 2011 for the PC, hope it does come.
    ...the guy wrote the post 11 months ago.

On the port topic: I doubt it will happen. I see no reason why they wouldn't release the game on the PC already if they wanted to. It would also get pirated like mad.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By phrosnite
    @fox01313 said:
    @phrosnite:  Seeing how MK4 was the last pc game in the MK franchise, I seriously doubt that this will be coming to PC as the last few like MK vs DC didn't go to PC either.
    LIES! WB are greedy!!! If there wasn't a PC version coming there wouldn't be a PC version of the Arcade Kollection!
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By EuanDewar
    @phrosnite said:
    @fox01313 said:
    @phrosnite:  Seeing how MK4 was the last pc game in the MK franchise, I seriously doubt that this will be coming to PC as the last few like MK vs DC didn't go to PC either.
    LIES! WB are greedy!!! If there wasn't a PC version coming there wouldn't be a PC version of the Arcade Kollection!
    No, there's a PC version of Arkade Kollection because those games were already on PC. Simple as. I think there's even a quote somewhere of someone from WB saying that, I'll try and find it.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By phrosnite
    @EuanDewar said:
    @phrosnite said:
    @fox01313 said:
    No, there's a PC version of Arkade Kollection because those games were already on PC. Simple as. I think there's even a quote somewhere of someone from WB saying that, I'll try and find it.
    It's a Unreal engine game! It's dirt cheap to port it! Why wouldn't they do it? If the Arcade Kollection sells enough they will definitely port the new game to the PC.

Why do you think Ubisoft is going ports of AC for the PC? Why do a port when the game is selling 9 million copies on the consoles? Why hustle with piracy? BECAUSE IT'S DIRT CHEAP TO PORT IT! Jade Raymond said it once.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EuanDewar
    @phrosnite: Calm down, I have no idea whether or not MK is coming to PC, but if it does, MK Arkade is not the reason. All im sayin'.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fox01313
    @EuanDewar:
     The arcade collection is Mk1-3, but aside from that & MK4, there's not been any PC versions of MK for the last few console games. Granted there might be a pc version on MK9 in the future but they've had time to make PC versions of MK5-8 & haven't yet done so which is why I'm thinking that as they've been so strong on the consoles that there'd be issues with putting it on the pc (connections, servers, cheating, ect).
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Yanngc33
    @StaticFalconar said:
    I know you made this comment 11 months ago but Super Street Fighter is indeed coming to the PC :p
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fox01313
    @phrosnite:
    Big difference in the Arcade Kollection as it's going to XBLA/PSN based off games from years ago.

Well whatever Ubisoft wants to do is up to Ubisoft, but last time I checked Netherrealm & WB weren't following everything that Ubisoft does. Let Netherrealm know about your thoughts on a PC version, they might do something about it.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EuanDewar
    @fox01313 said:
    @EuanDewar:  The arcade collection is Mk1-3, but aside from that & MK4, there's not been any PC versions of MK for the last few console games. Granted there might be a pc version on MK9 in the future but they've had time to make PC versions of MK5-8 & haven't yet done so which is why I'm thinking that as they've been so strong on the consoles that there'd be issues with putting it on the pc (connections, servers, cheating, ect).
    Exactly what I was thinking, although im not sure why you told me this instead of the OP.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By phrosnite
    @fox01313 said:
    @phrosnite: Big difference in the Arcade Kollection as it's going to XBLA/PSN based off games from years ago. Well whatever Ubisoft wants to do is up to Ubisoft, but last time I checked Netherrealm & WB weren't following everything that Ubisoft does. Let Netherrealm know about your thoughts on a PC version, they might do something about it.
    I don't think one guy is enough :( If it doesn't come to the PC(I'm sure it will) at least I will be playing the first 3 games. Also I hope they will be on Steam and not some other weird... thingy.
    geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By geirr

Yeah I'd love to see some tesselated entrails flying about in 60fps.

Cordiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cordiss

Hey guys, if you're interested in supporting a PC port of the game, visit the themortalkombat.com forums and throw in your two cents!
     http://boards.themortalkombat.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1461

Ed Boon has already confirmed our fears via twitter, there's no PC port in the works right now. But they have talked about it. Maybe if we turn up the volume some, they'll talk about it again!

Cordiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cordiss
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bestostero
    @Cordiss: I saw that tweet too, but i wouldn't take it so seriously, you have to watch out for what Boon says lol
    Cordiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cordiss
    @xhavoc86: Yes, I know. But whatever keeps his attention at this group of disgruntled PC gamers asking for a port is all good for me. I want this game on PC! And so do many more. And the bigger part of Russian gamers. It's odd because so many don't see the logic in not releasing it on PC, while NRS seemingly does. Or Warner Bros does.

Does Warner have a twitter account?
    jok3rxfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jok3rxfear
    @imsh_pl: @imsh_pl said:
    @jok3rxfear said:
    @StaticFalconar said:
    ...the guy wrote the post 11 months ago.On the port topic: I doubt it will happen. I see no reason why they wouldn't release the game on the PC already if they wanted to. It would also get pirated like mad.
    Actually, SSF4 is coming to the PC after a year of it's console release. So, we could still hope the same for MK. I already pre-ordered SS4, should be fun with all the balancing. ^_^ And regarding StaticFalconar's comment, yeah he did post it like 11 months ago but, then again he doesn't work for Capcom to make confirmation statements like that right. No offense intended BTW.
    elagujero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By elagujero

EDIT

release a PC version and put these on there plus anything else people want to suggest....

-new soundtrack
    -new stages
    -include all dlcs
    -PC exclusive costumes, by that i mean they probably won't release alternates for their dlc or cyber sub, so add that for the pc.
    -dedicated servers, REAL dedicated servers.
    -an option to capture matches and/or go back and watch them.

oh, and make sure each char has their own spot, so obviously changing the char select screen

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.