Mortal Kombat koming back for a Movie!!!

#1 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

With the recent success of the new video game and the digital series, Warner Bros given the green light for a full production of a movie on the big screen!!! Source

I for one, am THRILLED!

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Sounds great wonder if they will use mk 9 as a inspiration

#3 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Good, they better take shit from the youtube version that has been amazing.

Also your title is wrong, I think you meant: Kkkkk Kkkkk kkkkkk kkkk kkk k Kkkkk!

#4 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

I hope it's as awesomely bad as the first one, and not so terribly bad as the second one.

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -

It'll probably be similar to MK Legacy.

#6 Posted by Sackmanjones (4785 posts) -

perfection

#7 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@mazik765 said:

I hope it's as awesomely bad as the first one, and not so terribly bad as the second one.

This.

#8 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

If they get a proper budget, this might be ok. Those Legacy episodes had potential.

#9 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I have a feeling it might be closer to the "realistic" trailer since they kept the writer for that one.

#10 Posted by PlasticGear (5 posts) -

Hopefully they still include this in the movie:

I watched the original a few months ago for the first time since the 90s. Johnny Cage makes it, to be honest.

#11 Posted by MocBucket62 (1262 posts) -

Hey everybody new member here, and I must say the internet series was OK. Hope this can break the Video game-Movie Adaptation curse. Though the original move from the nineties was fun to watch only for its cheesy writing and its hilarious special effects.

#12 Posted by bobafettjm (1560 posts) -

I loved the recent web series, so I am jazzed for this.

#13 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@MocBucket62: Agreed! Although I really think the first movie wasn't that bad at all, considering a lot of the other video game movies, this was superb lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.