Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Mortal Kombat Vita Exclusives

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bestostero

So all those weird commercials with Kitana, Sub Zero, Scorpion in real life and stuff is actually to promote "Augmented Reality", some sort of mode offered in Vita.

In addition to that, apparently there will be new Costumes for everyone, 150 new challenge tower challenges

I just hope all these exclusives will be offered to the consoles as DLC eventually, or my broke ass might just have to shell out money for a vita...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Oh, god. If the console version gets more costume DLC, the online will get blown to shit all over again.

crunchmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By crunchmonkey

I heard 15 new costumes, including alternates for Kenshi, Rain and Scarlet.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bestostero

there's also a rumor that the new challenge tower reward will be a brand new character... I'm thinking it's either Fujin, Havik, Shinnok or Bo Rai Cho

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero

The challenge tower is all based around touch/motion. Pretty sure thats not coming to consoles.

I could see the new skins coming out though. Im sure they would all get packed into a single DLC pack. A re-release of MK with all the dlc is supposed to be coming out soon. Komplete Edition I think.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bestostero

oh darn, was hoping for more challenge tower challenges, those are fun! but that makes sense...

MK Komplete edition is already out, but i still want any new costumes or characters that might be coming to the vita!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm getting the Vita version :D

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#8  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

They also made Shao Kahn a playable character. The challenge tower stuff is apparently all gimmicky missions that show off Vita features, so I don't care about that, but I want the costumes to come to consoles. I don't know why they're putting all this exclusive content in a handheld port, who the hell wants to play a fighting game portably?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bestostero

@Taku128: probably no one, but they want to sell sell sell lol

but anyways...Shao Kahn is a playable character???? SAY WHAT?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Taku128 said:

They also made Shao Kahn a playable character. The challenge tower stuff is apparently all gimmicky missions that show off Vita features, so I don't care about that, but I want the costumes to come to consoles. I don't know why they're putting all this exclusive content in a handheld port, who the hell wants to play a fighting game portably?

A ton of people do, it's a great pick up and play genre.

Avatar image for tekkenstreetfighterfanforever
    TekkenStreetFighterFanForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By TechHits

Awe, I was hopping for something original for skarlet's costumes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@TechHits: They is a Original One, She got 3 New Skins here is some Screen Shots, I made

mccarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mccarron

@Hailinel said:

Oh, god. If the console version gets more costume DLC, the online will get blown to shit all over again.

I don't think they'll move the costumes over to the console just because of it breaking online. I wouldn't worry about it.

Shao Kahn was playable in the new Bonus Challenge Tower when I played the game back at the Vita Hill Social Club. Not sure if he's who is unlocked at the end of the tower.

As far as the AR mode. It's just a easter egg stage for Training Mode. Once enabled it just uses the camera as the background. Pretty simple but I bet will bring up some weird screenshot opportunities. Like them fighting on a Street Fighter stage maybe? ;)

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ozzdog12

@Bestostero: Yeah apparently that Mexico tour they(Sony) did suggested a new character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mccarron: I bet they will put the Skins on the PS3, Because they is more Money to be made by doing that and If that turn out to be true 2 more characters coming too the Vita as DLC, They will come to the Ps3 as DLC too, I know someone that got Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, And they check the coding on the Disc and said that the new Skins was in the Code of the Game

mccarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mccarron

@TekkenStreetFighterFanForever said:

@mccarron: I bet they will put the Skins on the PS3, Because they is more Money to be made by doing that and If that turn out to be true 2 more characters coming too the Vita as DLC, They will come to the Ps3 as DLC too, I know someone that got Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, And they check the coding on the Disc and said that the new Skins was in the Code of the Game

I really doubt they'll sacrifice the stability of the game by offering more DLC, it broke enough when they added DLC to the game last time. It's not always about the money, sometimes they don't want to screw up a product that is working great already and instead focus on new projects.

Komplete Edition comes with the bonus skins from earlier DLC but I doesn't have the Vita skins. I haven't personally checked the disc, but maybe I will now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mccarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mccarron
    FmeDry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FmeDry69

@Taku128 said:

I've done 40 bonus tower challenges and not all of them are gimmicky. Some of them are similar to challenges you'd find the original challenge tower, so.... yeah

FmeDry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FmeDry69

@Taku128 said:

I basically only play fighting games on handhelds with a few exceptions

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.