No one is giving me Respect.

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

It seems every time I win, mainly with Raiden, people go out of their way to give me 0 points. Its not like I spam the Superman Torpedo or play overtly cheap. I now know what Jeff meat a couple of months ago. It is infuriating. 

#2 Posted by Tuggah (1071 posts) -

I see a lot of good players getting low scores because people are jerks.

#3 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Respect +1?

#4 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -
#5 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

People seem to be doing that a lot. It's extremely annoying.

#6 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1682 posts) -

That's strange, because almost all King of the Hill games I've been in everyone always gave tens, regardless of how the winner performed. 

#7 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -

First Obama gets Witcher 2, then the ghost of Rodney Dangerfield plays Mortal Kombat. What a world. 

#8 Posted by Fascism (146 posts) -

I think you mean Respekt

#9 Edited by Beaudacious (916 posts) -

Am sorry i usually give respect, but i never do to raiden or ermac because 95% spam tele grab or torpedo. It makes a boring match so in turn 0 respect is adequate, i give out allot of 10's just as long as its an interesting match. If you sit there wining over and over with tele+torpedo i wouldn't expect anything else.

But i do agree there's allot of butt hurt people who lose in a good match and give you 0 points or rage quit.

Edit: i don't think i've ever given 0 though

#10 Posted by Interfect (965 posts) -

Hopefully this makes you feel better about it.
#11 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

It's a fighting game.. where people get together online to have two characters on screen physically fight  (in a virtual world). I would expect the players of such a genre to be the most angry, aggressive, hostile and hateful out of all competitive gaming genre! (I didn't say all of them are, i said they probably make the biggest percentage of jerks compared to other genres)

so i'm not surprised one bit. 

oh and, here : 

Respect! 

The best respect is the Ali G respect!
#12 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

When playing with my friends in King of the Hill, we all give each other 10s every time.

#13 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I give respect when its due. I generally, if it was a good game, give 8's. If it was super close and awesome, 9-10.

#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Bwast said:
First Obama gets Witcher 2, then the ghost of Rodney Dangerfield plays Mortal Kombat. What a world. 
This post needs more attention.
#15 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -

People are dicks. When i play MK i give Respekt where its due, but if the play is cheap i generally give low scores.

#16 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

And just won 14 matches in a row and accumulated about 20 respect points.  

Fuckers. 

#17 Posted by President_Barackbar (3344 posts) -

People can be real dicks sometimes.

#18 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

I now demand that any duder to play with one another give 10 points every time.

We need to counterbalance the assholery going around in this Mortal Kombat.

It's the duder way.

#19 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -
#20 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Salty bitter players :)  

Maybe you should invite or play with people from GiantBomb, personally, i havent ran into trouble with rating, i usually get a low score from the person i beat, but everyone else is pretty nice with the ratings, i rarely get zeros

#21 Posted by NegativeCero (2927 posts) -

Another video to make you feel either better...or worse. 

#22 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1230 posts) -

The last King of the Hill I played I was doing pretty good and getting 2 or 3 wins before losing. Most of them would give me great scores. After the third time (I think) they started turning on me.

#23 Posted by Incognitus (5 posts) -

Most people just give 0 to everyone regardless of skill but I had one instance where I came into a room and beat the 5 game win streak scorpion. Not only did the guys with mics thank me, I got 10's all around. :)

#24 Edited by Ulong (444 posts) -

The respect point system is the best thing they could have ever done. The best moment in fighting games is when you get salty rage messages sent to you afterwords, and you get to think "yah, I did my job".
 My favourite moment playing MvC3 was when someone sent me a voice message to the effect of "Why are you such a little bitch, like, why do you even play games? to be the biggest bitch possible? Is it even fun for you to be such a bitch? Fuck you bitch" I wish Xbox let you save voice messages :(
Now people who would normally be to lazy to send you hillarious rage messages, can give you zero's. And you get that same happy feeling of  "I destroyed this guy and now he's sooo angry about being bad".
Especially as respect points are meaningless outside of gauging if the enemy is angry or not.

Only thing I give zero's for is wasting everyone's time with a fatality when there's a bunch people waiting in line for their turn.

#25 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

You got to earn respect son! I jest, they are just salty.
#26 Posted by RoyCampbell (1095 posts) -

Mr. Nolan North with a goatee, you don't deserve respect!

Kidding, kidding. I understand, it does stink. Instead of a 0-10 scale, maybe 5-10 or 1-5? I dunno. A scale without a zero? A zero would suggest that the player receiving that score did absolutely nothing.

#27 Posted by elko84 (965 posts) -

you gotta earn that respect yo

#28 Posted by Zealousadonis (133 posts) -

From my experience I generally got decent respect from everyone but the match loser until the 4th win in the streak. Then it drops drastically.

#29 Posted by Crono (2620 posts) -
@Bwast said:
lol :D
#30 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Who cares?!

#31 Posted by TekZero (2638 posts) -

It's a game and we all get bonuses for getting respect.  So I always give 10's.  Anyone that gives a score less than 5 is a jerk.. really. 

#32 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -
@TekZero said:
It's a game and we all get bonuses for getting respect.  So I always give 10's.  Anyone that gives a score less than 5 is a jerk.. really. 
Unless they are Raiden and spam the superman teleport, or sub zero who wins by constant sliding. But even then, I'd still give them a 5, can't think of a reason to give them anything under a 5.
#33 Posted by TekZero (2638 posts) -

Exactly.  Even the cheap bastards still got the win.  5 = 0 in my book anything less and you're just trolling. 

#34 Posted by DonChipotle (2657 posts) -

I stop getting respect the moment people realize I just stick to one character.

#35 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I always give 10s. HELP ME START A NEW TREND PEOPLE

#36 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
#37 Posted by SuperSambo (2837 posts) -

I give people 0.

Yup, i'm a dick.

#38 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

I usually vote between 4-8. I have yet to see an honestly justified 0 or 10 yet, so I ain't given any of those.

#39 Edited by ElBarto (272 posts) -

Does it really matter though? Sure there is an achievement but the respect points don't do anything for you and are't indicative of "skill" I had less than 1K Respect points and fought a guy with over 6,000 and I made him rage quit.

#40 Posted by NovaDTH (139 posts) -

I give 10s no matter what. I've never understood why people wouldn't.

#41 Edited by The_Hiro_Abides (1230 posts) -

After playing more I realize that I don't do combos much. So that's probably why I don't get much respect.

Edit: That and I play Smoke whenever I anticipate a tough fight.

#42 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

*Respect Bro*
#43 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

You gots to earn it, son.

#44 Posted by RepThePlantDawg420 (131 posts) -

buncha punks

#45 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

@NinjaMime said:

I only give zeros to spammers or cheap players, I usually give 8-10. 6-7 if you don't do fatalities!

At this point watching people poorly input fatalities has become unbearable. I'd rather they just get on with it.

#46 Posted by emergency (1190 posts) -

I wouldn't be too worried about respect to be honest, unless you are going for an achievement or something (can't remember if there is one). It doesn't mean a great deal, not to mention King of the Hill is terribly laggy. At least for me, it's a guarenteed lagfest.

#47 Edited by Rafaelfc (1284 posts) -

if anyone's interested to set up a king of the hill match so we get our due respekt and have some fun, add me so we could set that up 

Gamertag: NightmareEd

#48 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (999 posts) -

People are newbs and get mad. Happens to me all the time.
#49 Edited by AestheticSynthesis (414 posts) -
@Gabriel: I respect good players and almost everyone is better than me since I've won 3 out of 12 matches. XD 
If you want I'll help raise your rating or whatever since I have nothing to really prove and I don't take losing seriously.
#50 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

me too i get between 0-2

sometimes i get a 6

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.