Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Region Locking

elagujero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elagujero

does anybody know if mk9 has region locking? for the last week or so, i've been playing mainly people from the UK, outta 10 matches, half of them are from people there. i just wanna play people from the states when i use the Player Match to look for matches cuz the delay is completely unplayable.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

I'm pretty sure it isn't, since I've been playing with people out of the UK. Though it might just be friends.

elagujero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By elagujero

so lame, i liked that about SF, i could lock it so i could play only people from the US. shits to laggy even when i'm playing people coast to coast, hate this shit. i keep running into scrubby UK players who barely beat me in the 3rd round and leave after 1 win and send me rage mail about beating me. 

sucks

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#4  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I think it first tries to match you up with someone in the same state as you before going to same region, same country, same continent, and then just anywhere. I've never had any significantly laggy matches outside of King of the Hill.

elagujero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By elagujero

region locking would have been better, especially since so many people play online, idk why they wouldn't do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.