Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Sub-Zero's X-ray move far inferior

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So I planned on Sub-Zero being my main fighter but since I have been playing the demo I have noticed his X-ray move is far less effective than anyone elses (he gets about 28% by itself).  Johnny Cage gets around 40% by its self however it is a bit harder to pull off thats fine.  But Scorpion's is very easy to pull off and its more around 38 to 39% alone. Anyone have any guesses to why that is?  My only guess is maybe his 3 hit combos are more effective

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Johnny Cage's is a counter, so that is understandable.  Maybe things will change in the full game.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By jacdg
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Johnny Cage's is a counter, so that is understandable.  Maybe things will change in the full game. "
    I've heard that this build is from around E3 last year, so the damage stuff has been modified since then, not sure if it's correct though.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria
    @JacDG said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " Johnny Cage's is a counter, so that is understandable.  Maybe things will change in the full game. "
    I've heard that this build is from around E3 last year, so the damage stuff has been modified since then, not sure if it's correct though. "
    I hope they change some of the speed parameters on Sub-Zero as well then. Some of this stuff is pretty slow.
    koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By koolaid

But you freeze livers!   Even if you lose, you're opponent won't be able to drink beer anymore and hari kari themselves! 

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @animateria:  I agree and like I said Johnny Cages is understandable to be a bit higher but scorpion's is just as easy to do and is far more powerful
    Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Iron_Past

Damage will still be tweaked; I think this build is supposed to be eight weeks old (?). However, Sub-Zero has about a million ways to freeze enemies completely in place, so there needs to balance somewhere.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones

There arent that many ways to freeze people. If anything sub-zeros actions should be more snappy, he seems to be really slow with his movement 

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By MushroomSamba

From what I've seen so far, it's pretty easy to combo INTO his X-Ray move (which, above all else, guarantees it connects rather than just throwing it out there hoping your opponent isn't blocking). I'd much prefer that over the extra ~10% dmg output.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @Sackmanjones said:
    "  There arent that many ways to freeze people. If anything sub-zeros actions should be more snappy, he seems to be really slow with his movement  "
    The problem with making Sub-Zero snappier is that you risk making it too easy to freeze your opponent.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

I think Sub-Zero, although slow, has a great list of moves mainly due to his freezing technique which can stop a person and win the match when it gets down to the last couple seconds. Personally though I don't like playing him because I'm more of a speed player, been playing with Scorpion and Johnny Cage in the demo and will most likely use them separately and as a tag team when the game comes out until I learn some other characters. 

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @Sackmanjones said:
    "  There arent that many ways to freeze people. If anything sub-zeros actions should be more snappy, he seems to be really slow with his movement  "
    There's actually a good amount of ways to freeze people. Obviously, you have the iceball, then there's both the ground and air ice clones, there's the ice puddle, and you can also combo into the iceball. It's not a matter of spamming these moves, but using them tactically where they'll be most effective.
    JReyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JReyes
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @MushroomSamba:  Thats true but to be honest his ice puddle is nearlly useless it takes forever to use. My roommate fought me his first time and i couldnt use it on him but the more I play the more I feel that he is pretty balanced

@JReyes:
    Ya I found that out by making some of my own.  However I have been able to easily combo into scorpions x ray as well. But like I said above the more I play the more I see that subzero can have some nice long combos
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By sammo21
    @Sackmanjones: eh, I easily pulled a combo with subzero that got me over 50% dmg with the x-ray so no complaints.  I've found all of the X-Rays pretty blockable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.