Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Watch the teeth! A Mileena Kombo Video

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Edited By StarvingGamer

Taking @Kyreo 's suggestion I dove into Mileena (that's what she said) over the weekend. It's amazing how much more difficult it is to come up with strong combos when you don't have a projectile that wraps up the opponent in a nice, neat, beatable package. I tell you, it was a lot more frustrating trying to pull off combos consistently with her and I don't think I'll be picking her up for serious play. Anyways this is what I've got:

To be perfectly honest, I hopped in with Baraka first but he really has no good midcreen combo options. I think that BPxxBPxxFP+BP, fd, F+BKxxBK, Blade Charge is the beginning and end of Baraka's potential. Mileena's tools for opening the other guy up aren't quite as sexy as Scorpion's. Scorpion's low hits from outside of sweep range as does his shoulder charge overhead. Mileena's cartwheel kick overhead also has pretty good range but it comes out sooo slow. Honestly outside of her Ball Roll, nothing that Mileena does feels particularly fast.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy and again, please check out the other videos our cohorts have uploaded to the Whiskey Media fighting game community channel. It's been pretty inactive recently since most of us use PSN (lol) but a few videos have been trickling through. I might want to take a look at Kung Lao next since he's supposedly top-tier, but a lot of people are anticipating an attack from the nerf stick which would likely invalidate any videos I made using him. I guess I'll check if Nightwolf has any useful overheads.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

Taking @Kyreo 's suggestion I dove into Mileena (that's what she said) over the weekend. It's amazing how much more difficult it is to come up with strong combos when you don't have a projectile that wraps up the opponent in a nice, neat, beatable package. I tell you, it was a lot more frustrating trying to pull off combos consistently with her and I don't think I'll be picking her up for serious play. Anyways this is what I've got:

To be perfectly honest, I hopped in with Baraka first but he really has no good midcreen combo options. I think that BPxxBPxxFP+BP, fd, F+BKxxBK, Blade Charge is the beginning and end of Baraka's potential. Mileena's tools for opening the other guy up aren't quite as sexy as Scorpion's. Scorpion's low hits from outside of sweep range as does his shoulder charge overhead. Mileena's cartwheel kick overhead also has pretty good range but it comes out sooo slow. Honestly outside of her Ball Roll, nothing that Mileena does feels particularly fast.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy and again, please check out the other videos our cohorts have uploaded to the Whiskey Media fighting game community channel. It's been pretty inactive recently since most of us use PSN (lol) but a few videos have been trickling through. I might want to take a look at Kung Lao next since he's supposedly top-tier, but a lot of people are anticipating an attack from the nerf stick which would likely invalidate any videos I made using him. I guess I'll check if Nightwolf has any useful overheads.
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Kitana is awesome. Do her next. Oh, cool video btw :)

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pessh

Subscriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibe

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bestostero

I can't play Mileena now, I was pretty ok with her in the demo, but now I just suck with her... Kitana is better anyways lol

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By FesteringNeon

*backs away slowly......

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Slaker117

About Baraka, he supposedly has an infinite.   

Even though the dude here only went for 89%, he says it can go forever, it just requires really tight timing. I'm certainly no expert, but from the video, it looks like he's telling the truth to me.

EDIT: Just found another video of this. Apparently it's not actually infinite, but can go over 100%, so effectively just as bad. It does require three bars of super though, so there are some limitations.   
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By imsh_pl

Do Nightwolf, from what I've seen he has some really awesome combos.

Love these videos, keep 'em coming!

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Bravestar

Gonna try some of those combos now, while listening to Witha Teetha, thanks.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

This just serves to remind me that I will never, ever be as competitive at fighting games as I think I am.  Nice vid!

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

Nice video :) would love to see a Jade one

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Damn, you're really good. I love combo videos for fighting games.

Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crocio

Very nice man, I appreciate it.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ares42

Are you doing the jump kick into teleport on a pad ? I just keep either missing the jump kick or getting the tele too late.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Ares42 Yeah pad only in MK for me.

The timing is really tight, remember that pressing UF to jump counts as the first F for the teleport kick so basically I press UF+FK, F+FK. It took me an hour or so of messing around in practice mode before I got it down pat.
    soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By soldierg654342
    @StarvingGamer: I admire your abilities, but I find that the your combos are sometimes kind of impracticable, at least in Mileena's case. I do a variation of of the first combo you show (28%) that consists of ball+split+boot+uppercut that deals 24% in 5 hits. In the 3 extra hits you only do 4% more damage and provide more opportunities of breakers. 
    Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ares42
    @StarvingGamer: hmm, so it's basically a double tap of forward + kick with jump on the first one ?
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @SoldierG654342 Yeah, I'd definitely classify all of the Mileena combos I posted as intermediate. My execution is actually pretty bad and after about 3 hours with her I was only hitting the combos about 50% of the time. But I'll leave the practicality videos to other people, I'm more interested in maximizing a character's potential.

@Ares42 Yeah, basically. The timing is pretty tight so you'll have to feel it out until you get it. It's worth it though, if only because it looks so awesome.
    Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ares42
    @StarvingGamer: hmm, seems like it's the same thing as with scorpions air kick tele, it's not about timing the special, but the timing of the kick. Sorta approaching SF-style linking which I'm not a huge fan of. The difference between a hit and a miss just gets too arbitrary.
    MinusTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MinusTimes

I use Mileena online a lot. I've started to recognize lately that I might need to move on from her though. She does shit for damage but I always liked how she can get at you and set a ridiculous pace in the right hands. Her weaknesses are evident in that a lot of stuff is chained off her roll which is easily blockable and easily punished perhaps more so than any other move in the game other than Scorpion and Smoke's teleport punch. With that in mind the best is her overhead split kick as a combo starter but as you pointed out it comes out so slow that often you get caught in the middle of it resulting in a combo of their own.

Regardless, that was a nice video. The best I've managed with her is a 13 hit 41% damage combo but that's with an x-ray tagged on at the end. Otherwise most of her combos are in the mid to high 20s to low 30s in terms of damage percentage, and that pretty much means that your opponent rarely has to burn meter doing breakers because they can take the full onslaught and still be in pretty good shape. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.