What do you think is the 'reward' at Challenge Tower's end?

#1 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

I'm gonna say it's Chameleon-just a hunch. Would be pretty sweet, anyway.

#2 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

No, it's striker

#3 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3101 posts) -

Unlocks all the DLC.  If you already bought it, Shao Kahn laughs at you.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

I don't think it'd be an unlockable character. Probably like a special video?

#5 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" I don't think it'd be an unlockable character. Probably like a special video? "
Same here. If it was a character....id be pissed. Cause im never gonna beable to play as that guy. I dont have 12 hours a day to practice a video game lol. I hope its something awesome, that i can watch on youtube.
#6 Posted by Kut_U_Up (52 posts) -

I dont know, Ed and his team are hyping it up a lot. Maybe it will be MK 1, 2, 3 HD ?

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24848 posts) -

It actually replaces all characters in the character select screen with Quan Chi.

#8 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

I dunno, probably just unlocks all the hidden stuff.  Or maybe it unlocks documentary of the making of the game.   I dunno, MK guys have a strange sense of humor.  It might not be anything but the coins and maybe Ed Boon congratulating you. 

#9 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" I don't think it'd be an unlockable character. Probably like a special video? "
it'll be a teaser trailer for MKvsDCU 2
#10 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

A picture of Ed Boon.

I don't know, I'll let you know when I get the game.

#11 Posted by TechHits (1378 posts) -

it could be alternate costume(s)

#12 Posted by Gabriel (4062 posts) -

Playable Shao Kahn. 

#13 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

French Stewart comes to your house and sings happy birthday.

#14 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

The challenge is you have to make John Romero your bitch!

#15 Posted by DarkHeroZark (175 posts) -
#16 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
#17 Posted by TheHakku (360 posts) -
A 20 point achievement or a trophy (possibly silver). 

@rjayb89 said:

" The challenge is you have to make John Romero your bitch! "

Haha, well played.
#18 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

You unlock Rain, and he's a giant stop motion sprite.

#19 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" It actually replaces all characters in the character select screen with Quan Chi. "
LOL
#20 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Batman. 

Kombatman.

#21 Posted by Zaft (122 posts) -

If it's anything as remotely awesome as the Hand Cannon in Dead Space 2, I'll be happy.

#22 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

unlocks the toasty dude.

#23 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (656 posts) -
@Kut_U_Up said:
"I dont know, Ed and his team are hyping it up a lot. Maybe it will be MK 1, 2, 3 HD ? "

This seems more plausable seeing how there was a rumor a few months back that the trilogy would be released in HD. If it is that then going through the full 300 challenges is something that is worth taking.
#24 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Jackie Chan comes up and says that this is his game now, and then you will have to control every character in the game at the same time and fight Jackie Chan and his fists of fire, he also has three forms. 
If you beat him, you unlock him. If you lose, the MK part of the disc will be removed and replaced with "Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire", forcing you to buy a new copy of the game if you want to play more MK.

#25 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@MaFoLu said:
" Jackie Chan comes up and says that this is his game now, and then you will have to control every character in the game at the same time and fight Jackie Chan and his fists of fire, he also has three forms. If you beat him, you unlock him. If you lose, the MK part of the disc will be removed and replaced with "Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire", forcing you to buy a new copy of the game if you want to play more MK. "
Why would I buy another MK if I just got Jackie Chan: Fists of Fire?
#26 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5266 posts) -

An achievement. 

#27 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -
@Kut_U_Up said:

" I dont know, Ed and his team are hyping it up a lot. Maybe it will be MK 1, 2, 3 HD ? "

If this was it... I'd die of happiness. That really would be an awesome reward and definitely worth the difficulty of trying to get. 

But I also was thinking of a secret character.  He says in this video that you will be able to tell when someone online has unlocked this secret. He also said you can buy your way pass the challenge to beat it, but it costs a lot of money (mk coins). Which makes me think even more so that it might be a character. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0vL-MZapc&feature=player_embedded
#28 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Jeff Gerstmann.

#29 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (656 posts) -
@RobotHamster said:

"Jeff Gerstmann. "

That would make the game incredibly unblanced.

#30 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

The reward is...

#31 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

Ed Boon gave an interview where he referred to the reward as something someone could see in an online match.  So I'm guessing it's got to be a skin, or maybe a change to your online name or something like that.

#32 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Well from that interview apparently theres some characters you can unlock, so who knows? 
#33 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -
@xhavoc86: That sounds way too underwhelming for how much they're hyping it up. I mean the achievement list itself had something cool as Cyber Sub-Zero, which is infinitely more cooler than that. Not saying it's BS, but I kind of hope it is. It comes off a bit tacky as well.
#34 Posted by YoThatLimp (1910 posts) -
@Sanious said:
" @xhavoc86: That sounds way too underwhelming for how much they're hyping it up. I mean the achievement list itself had something cool as Cyber Sub-Zero, which is infinitely more cooler than that. Not saying it's BS, but I kind of hope it is. It comes off a bit tacky as well. "
I am kind of calling BS
#35 Edited by Mr_Faraday (241 posts) -

Normally Id say that its bullshit too but if you look at the list of secret achievements the last one is called Best. Alternate. Ever and its suppose to be Mileena's 3rd alternate costume, and which would you think deserves to be the final prize? A cyber version of a character or an alt that the makers of the game consider to be the best ever. Now im not saying that naked Mileena would  be the best alt ever but I can guarantee there are lot of teens out there that would, so wouldnt it make sense to make that one the hardest to reach?

Whether havoc was joking or not its entirely possible he's right, hell this could even be one of the reasons that Australia banned it.
#36 Edited by Iron_Past (172 posts) -

I think an alternate costume like that would have shown up in the banning report, wouldn't it? On top of that, Tower Master is the achievement you get for finishing the Challenge Tower, so why would there be another Achievement tied to it? At the very least that seems to indicate that the reward is something else besides that alternate.

At any rate, I question why people are mining the demo stuff anyway. Aren't demos just special builds of the game (in this case one that's 8 weeks old)? Why would they compress the entire game into the demo and then send it out? Unless the demo is gigs of data large, that should send up some red flags; I mean, if I was a dude working on Mortal Kombat, I would know that people were going to data mine and would definitely put a ton a red herrings into it to mess with people. But who knows?

#37 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -
@Iron_Past said:
" I think an alternate costume like that would have shown up in the banning report, wouldn't it? 
This is what I was thinking as well, also wouldn't it be on the rating? The rating only says 'Brief Nudity'. 
#38 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

Maybe it unlocks a special finisher that any character can perform.

#39 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

Unlocks Nudalities.

#40 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Iron_Past:   
Apparently a MK representative from Brazil confirmed that the data mining information is correct.
MKOnline
It also talks about 360 getting exclusive content rather than an exclusive character as per ps3  (Kratos) and a few other interesting tidbits.
#41 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

I think you get the naked Mileen alt...

#42 Posted by NickBOTT (481 posts) -

It's a loooooooooong shot but my guess is it unlocks friendships, animalities, babalities and brutalities 

#43 Posted by csl316 (8693 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:
" Unlocks all the DLC.  If you already bought it, Shao Kahn laughs at you. "
#44 Posted by Grubich (21 posts) -

Mortal Kombat theme music from the movie.

#45 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

A big static screen featuring all the MK Kharacters up to various hijinks and a banner that says: "CONGRATULATIONS!!" hanging above them.

#46 Posted by Undeadpool (4944 posts) -

Ed Boon will come to your house and replace all your C's with K's.

#47 Posted by Stackboy (503 posts) -

I hope it's HD versions of MK 1 2 and 3.

#48 Edited by Guyzea (816 posts) -

You win a free trip to NetherRealm Studios where a video of  Ed Boon plays telling you to get over here.

#49 Posted by Deusoma (3011 posts) -
@RockmanBionics said:
" A big static screen featuring all the MK Kharacters up to various hijinks and a banner that says: "CONGRATULATIONS!!" hanging above them. "
Make it CONGRATURATION and I'm sold.
#50 Posted by Undeadpool (4944 posts) -

Third Fatality for everyone. They already designed a third one for the ninjas, so why not just give it to everyone else and make it crazy-difficult to unlock?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.