Will Jeff be taking a trip to Evo now?

#1 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

After looking around Twitter and the SRK UStream, it seems that MK9 (along with SSFIV, MvC3, Tekken and Blazblue) will be played this year at Evo. I vaguely remember Jeff saying that he would go if this were to happen. 

Here's hoping for some coverage of the event.

#2 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11290 posts) -

That would be cool, but I suspect that 90% of their coverage would be MK9, and the rest would be Jackie Chan.  

Edit:  For those blasphemous enough to not know what I'm talking about: 

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -

Hey I certainly hope so.

#4 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I don't much care about MK9 getting played at EVO, but it would be awesome if that's what was required to make Jeff go.  I'd love to see some Giant Bomb coverage.  

@MooseyMcMan said:

" That would be cool, but I suspect that 90% of their coverage would be MK9, and the rest would be Jackie Chan. "

I doubt it.  Jeff likes Street Fighter too, and since the main event is always super hype (and always Street Fighter of some sort) I think there would be plenty of coverage on that.

#5 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Shit gonna be hype dawg.

#6 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I would dig some EVO coverage. I wonder what it would be like though. I think that I can get what I want from EVO elsewhere with people who know more about it then the staff. Though to be fair, these other sources would not be as funny.

#7 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" Shit gonna be hype dawg. "
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
#8 Posted by Milkman (17005 posts) -

I hope so. Some coverage of EVO would be really cool.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11908 posts) -

To be fair, I would be even more interested in EVO if it was covered by Giant Bomb, although I suspect that MK 9 isn't going to have a particularly long run on the tournament scene. Catch it while it's hot I guess.

#10 Posted by jakob187 (21690 posts) -

They are seriously going to have MK9 at Evo?  That's fucking HAWT!

#11 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

As long as it's not just them gushing over MK9 the whole time and ignoring everything else, should be fucking amazing. 

#12 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" As long as it's not just them gushing over MK9 the whole time and ignoring everything else, should be fucking amazing.  "
That is EXACTLY what I want, and maybe a Jared interview.
#13 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" As long as it's not just them gushing over MK9 the whole time and ignoring everything else, should be fucking amazing.  "
But... that's all I want. 
#14 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

Well, looks like I'll be watching some EVO matches for the first time ever.  

Betcha' Jeff and Brad will go, to answer the original posts' question.

#15 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -
@Guyzea said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
That is EXACTLY what I want, and maybe a Jared interview. "
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
But... that's all I want.  "
Well shit fuck everyone else then.
#16 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

If anyone cares, the full EVO 2011 lineup is:

• Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Super Street Fighter 4
  • Tekken 6
  • Mortal Kombat
  • BlazBlue: CS

The rule for all games is all DLC released after June 1st will not be used (This refers to SSF4: AE, MvC3 chars, BBCS2, etc).

#17 Posted by ItMustBeBunnies (9 posts) -

This is the biggest news in Evo history.  I've got my room booked.

#18 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan:  
Or Jackie Chan and Street Fighter: 

#19 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -

For the record, I'm dropping SSF4 (I really dislike AE), I'm not even bothering with Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Played it a lot. Don't care for it.) and I'm going strictly Mortal Kombat once it's out. The best part is that it's win-win. If it turns out great then I can help boost an awesome community all the way up to EVO. If it's awful then hey, that's a smaller player pool and great chance to make top 8!

I'll be at EVO as usual (This will be my sixth and my third year in a row) but I only plan to enter Mortal Kombat. I'll also be running a Jackie Chan side-tournament (last year we just had a gathering) but you seriously won't hear about that until the month of the event. Can't wait to land Mortal Kombat on the big stage. My goal is to fatality someone on stage and then totally freak out and make a huge dork out of myself. GET HYPE :)

#20 Posted by jakob187 (21690 posts) -
@ricetopher said:
"

If anyone cares, the full EVO 2011 lineup is:

• Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Super Street Fighter 4
  • Tekken 6
  • Mortal Kombat
  • BlazBlue: CS

The rule for all games is all DLC released after June 1st will not be used (This refers to SSF4: AE, MvC3 chars, BBCS2, etc)."

Nice to see that they are still sporting BlazBlue.  Regardless, this stuff sounds like it'll be great to watch.  The Tekken 6 shit last year was a surprising good time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.