X-rays disabled? (possible spoilers)

#1 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -

I just made it to the Cyber Sub-Zero section of the main story, and noticed when I tried to do his x-ray attacks they wouldn't work. Is that supposed to happen?

#2 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

You have to be in the air to do it.

#3 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -
@DrPockets000 said:
" You have to be in the air to do it. "
I must have missed that, its not particularly clear about that fact
#4 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said:
" @DrPockets000 said:
" You have to be in the air to do it. "
I must have missed that, its not particularly clear about that fact "
I'm not sure it ever tells you, I figured it out on accident I think.
#5 Edited by MattBosten (497 posts) -

If you go onto the movelist, when you highlight it a pop up appears next to it saying "In air". Not particularly clear. 

#6 Posted by StealthRaptor (530 posts) -

Yeah I thought it was disabled too until I checked it out in the move list.

#7 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@MattBosten said:
" If you go onto the movelist, when you highlight it a pop up appears next to it saying "In air". Not particularly clear.  "
This.  Not everyone's X-Ray's function the same, some of them are counters like Johnny Cage (it wont trigger unless the target is bait into it) and others just go off on their own like Kitana (unless it is blocked or miss), etc etc.
#8 Posted by eezo (285 posts) -

but then... who was phone?

#9 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

Yup, it's a dive kick that switches into the ice ball/ice sword combo. Try to freeze your opponent first, otherwise it's pretty hard to hit with.

#10 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

His is the only x-ray in the game that you can't activate from a standing position so it is a little weird. The only way to tell is to hit the menu and highlight his x-ray to get the pop-up, the same way you would highlight a fatality to learn the distance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.