Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mother 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 20, 2006

Mother 3 is the third game in Shigesato Itoi's critically acclaimed Mother series. In the game, Lucas and various other protagonists fight to defeat a large army known as the Pig Army who are ruining their otherwise peaceful lives.

Nintendo Can I Have Some More Please

deepfry55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By deepfry55

I'm going to start with a warning before I start this blog, There will be spoilers though out and I strongly encourage you to play this game without getting anything spoiled as even in the first chapter their are plot twister and major character development, but nevertheless enjoy.

Japanese Box Art
    Japanese Box Art

Mother 3, wow just wow I can't believe on how much I enjoy this follow up to Earthbound. It took the original formula of E-Bound and made it quirkier, crazier and more lovable but change it up just a little bit to make it feel different. Mother 3 has a complicated past, as it started as a follow up to Earthbound on the new Nintendo 64 at the time, conveniently called Earthbound 64. After multiple delays it got put as a new title for the 64 DD drive add on. Eventually the DD drive got canceled and so too did Earthbound 64. Years would past and after almost a decade later, we finally got Mother 3, unfortunately it wasn't in English and only released in Japan. Sadly this would be the only way us western gamer's could experiences this game, but a team of fans (at Starman.net) set out to create a fan transition patch so every one can experiences this wonderful masterpiece and after two years of pain staking work everyone got to see Mother 3 for all it glory. That's enough of the back story you guys want to know what I think of this game.

Me and Mother 3 haven't seen eye to eye and it took me finishing the game to realized how good this story really is. I would always watch my sister play Earthbound and after we heard a sequel was coming out on the Nintendo 64, we got really excited and couldn't wait to have a brand new adventure in the Earthbound world. Time went all and nothing happened and we soon forgot about Earthbound 64. Eight to nine years later and the rise of YouTube lets play I got to see Mother 3 and all it English glory. I downloaded the patch but was in for a shock, this wasn't a Mother game let along a sequel to my beloved Earthbound, no towns hamburgers and baseball bats. Sadly soon after I stopped playing right before a major plot twist. Its wasn't until my resent play though of Earthbound (here is a link to my blog about it) that when I decided to give Mother 3 second chance.

Crazy Boss Battles
    Crazy Boss Battles

Mother 3 takes on a 8 chapter story between the lives of Tazmily village and the New Pork Army and boy it is a touching story that has a lot of plot twister, character development and wacky stuff you love from Earthbound all rolled into one. If there is one reason to play this game it will be for the story. Mr Itoi created a novel worthy story that ranges from confines of a clay man factory to a island with psychedelic mushrooms you will never over spend your time in one area which keeps everything fresh and exciting. Now if you thought Earthbound music was good wait till you hear Mother 3, just to show how much I loved this music, I bought the soundtrack right after I finished the story. Have you ever tap your foot to a battle theme, Mother 3 will make you do it. Beethoven music even makes an appearance but Mother 3 takes it to the next level with its combo system, As you play out the turn based battles there will be a underlining bass beat to the music if you can match it up, will cause an increase damage to your enemies causing the game to be a lot easier. This epic adventure set its mood with it music and takes full advantages to the GBA capabilities. From the start to the end don't expected to get an easy game, compare to dare I say it Earthbound, boss battles got a whole lot tougher. It will require careful technique to beat without requiring a high level to breeze though. Mr Itoi has done an amazing job with the dungeons. An Attic full of Angry forgotten instruments, Mother 3 has that, An underwater dungeon where you have to work your way from oxygen supply to oxygen supply yes surprising Mother 3 has that too. Everything about this game from it setting to unique enemies to the consent old Mother game reference never gets old or feels like it got stolen from another game.

No Caption Provided

Mother 3 story is one of a kind, that has fleshed out charaters and has a underlining meaning that you could write a collage essay on. The level of detail from any Mother game is still there but just upgraded ten fold and I got to admit has one of the most catchy battle and boss music that will not disappoint. The 25 hours it takes to complete this adventure with put you through your paces, you will cry, jump for joy and say "omg that was epic". I was wrong to not see this game all the way through the first time and I know it takes a couple of chapters to get into but definitely see this masterpiece all the way to the end. Mother 3 is a harder sell then its prequel but definitely should not be over look to fans of the franchise and to hard core rpg players. As a closing thought, I hope Nintendo sees a market for these type of games as they are truly diamonds in the ruff and I wish more people could experience this series world wide. Thank you guys for reading!!! I don't know what my next game with be but any ideas of stuff to check out with be greatly appreciated. I'm still playing through Fuel and I'm about 20 hours in and it still look like the end is not in sight. I also recently bought Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and for the weird game it is, I'm quiet enjoying it so expected a blog on that in the future but until next time gamers keep gaming

deepfry55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By deepfry55

I'm going to start with a warning before I start this blog, There will be spoilers though out and I strongly encourage you to play this game without getting anything spoiled as even in the first chapter their are plot twister and major character development, but nevertheless enjoy.

Japanese Box Art
    Japanese Box Art

Mother 3, wow just wow I can't believe on how much I enjoy this follow up to Earthbound. It took the original formula of E-Bound and made it quirkier, crazier and more lovable but change it up just a little bit to make it feel different. Mother 3 has a complicated past, as it started as a follow up to Earthbound on the new Nintendo 64 at the time, conveniently called Earthbound 64. After multiple delays it got put as a new title for the 64 DD drive add on. Eventually the DD drive got canceled and so too did Earthbound 64. Years would past and after almost a decade later, we finally got Mother 3, unfortunately it wasn't in English and only released in Japan. Sadly this would be the only way us western gamer's could experiences this game, but a team of fans (at Starman.net) set out to create a fan transition patch so every one can experiences this wonderful masterpiece and after two years of pain staking work everyone got to see Mother 3 for all it glory. That's enough of the back story you guys want to know what I think of this game.

Me and Mother 3 haven't seen eye to eye and it took me finishing the game to realized how good this story really is. I would always watch my sister play Earthbound and after we heard a sequel was coming out on the Nintendo 64, we got really excited and couldn't wait to have a brand new adventure in the Earthbound world. Time went all and nothing happened and we soon forgot about Earthbound 64. Eight to nine years later and the rise of YouTube lets play I got to see Mother 3 and all it English glory. I downloaded the patch but was in for a shock, this wasn't a Mother game let along a sequel to my beloved Earthbound, no towns hamburgers and baseball bats. Sadly soon after I stopped playing right before a major plot twist. Its wasn't until my resent play though of Earthbound (here is a link to my blog about it) that when I decided to give Mother 3 second chance.

Crazy Boss Battles
    Crazy Boss Battles

Mother 3 takes on a 8 chapter story between the lives of Tazmily village and the New Pork Army and boy it is a touching story that has a lot of plot twister, character development and wacky stuff you love from Earthbound all rolled into one. If there is one reason to play this game it will be for the story. Mr Itoi created a novel worthy story that ranges from confines of a clay man factory to a island with psychedelic mushrooms you will never over spend your time in one area which keeps everything fresh and exciting. Now if you thought Earthbound music was good wait till you hear Mother 3, just to show how much I loved this music, I bought the soundtrack right after I finished the story. Have you ever tap your foot to a battle theme, Mother 3 will make you do it. Beethoven music even makes an appearance but Mother 3 takes it to the next level with its combo system, As you play out the turn based battles there will be a underlining bass beat to the music if you can match it up, will cause an increase damage to your enemies causing the game to be a lot easier. This epic adventure set its mood with it music and takes full advantages to the GBA capabilities. From the start to the end don't expected to get an easy game, compare to dare I say it Earthbound, boss battles got a whole lot tougher. It will require careful technique to beat without requiring a high level to breeze though. Mr Itoi has done an amazing job with the dungeons. An Attic full of Angry forgotten instruments, Mother 3 has that, An underwater dungeon where you have to work your way from oxygen supply to oxygen supply yes surprising Mother 3 has that too. Everything about this game from it setting to unique enemies to the consent old Mother game reference never gets old or feels like it got stolen from another game.

No Caption Provided

Mother 3 story is one of a kind, that has fleshed out charaters and has a underlining meaning that you could write a collage essay on. The level of detail from any Mother game is still there but just upgraded ten fold and I got to admit has one of the most catchy battle and boss music that will not disappoint. The 25 hours it takes to complete this adventure with put you through your paces, you will cry, jump for joy and say "omg that was epic". I was wrong to not see this game all the way through the first time and I know it takes a couple of chapters to get into but definitely see this masterpiece all the way to the end. Mother 3 is a harder sell then its prequel but definitely should not be over look to fans of the franchise and to hard core rpg players. As a closing thought, I hope Nintendo sees a market for these type of games as they are truly diamonds in the ruff and I wish more people could experience this series world wide. Thank you guys for reading!!! I don't know what my next game with be but any ideas of stuff to check out with be greatly appreciated. I'm still playing through Fuel and I'm about 20 hours in and it still look like the end is not in sight. I also recently bought Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and for the weird game it is, I'm quiet enjoying it so expected a blog on that in the future but until next time gamers keep gamin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.