Loco Motion: The Golden Age of Motion Controls

Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm a motion fan. Maybe it's my age, or the type of video games I've played throughout my gaming life; lots of sports games, golf being my  favorite. I've branched out from my early gaming life as I now like having a variety of play options when playing video games, keyboard mouse, dual analog controller and the combination of motion capabilities for a given game. 

He's Loco

With an abundance of Motion

That's why I'm so excited for next year. With Move and Kinect coming out soon, next year should allow for a cornucopia of options for motion fans.       

I can see it on the horizon, The Golden Age of Motion Controls. And for the people that hate motion controls, no need to worry, you'll have your standard sets of games and control-ability. But having options of play makes me feel all giddy inside. So jump on-board... the Loco Motion.

#1 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm a motion fan. Maybe it's my age, or the type of video games I've played throughout my gaming life; lots of sports games, golf being my  favorite. I've branched out from my early gaming life as I now like having a variety of play options when playing video games, keyboard mouse, dual analog controller and the combination of motion capabilities for a given game. 

He's Loco

With an abundance of Motion

That's why I'm so excited for next year. With Move and Kinect coming out soon, next year should allow for a cornucopia of options for motion fans.       

I can see it on the horizon, The Golden Age of Motion Controls. And for the people that hate motion controls, no need to worry, you'll have your standard sets of games and control-ability. But having options of play makes me feel all giddy inside. So jump on-board... the Loco Motion.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Wait, how can you know that this is the Golden Age for motion controls? Isn't that a term largely used retroactively?

#3 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

1995-1996 was the golden age of Virtual Reality. 

#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Video_Game_King:  I just came back from the future to let you guys know.
#5 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
@Claude said:
" @Video_Game_King:  I just came back from the future to let you guys know. "
Thanks.
#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Now I'm hoping that Dance Central will have Loco Motion in the track list at some point. 
DAMN YOU CLAUDE! 

#7 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:
"Now I'm hoping that Dance Central will have Loco Motion in the track list at some point. DAMN YOU CLAUDE!  "

Indeed. Heck, I'm not even that much excited for Dance Central, but I'd certainly be more intrigued to check it out.
#8 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

If there is a golden age of motion controls, we're not there yet. We're barely out of the dark ages.

#9 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I was watching the moving-picture-box, and I saw that Wii-Bowling is really trendy with geriatrics like you. :P

#10 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" If there is a golden age of motion controls, we're not there yet. We're barely out of the dark ages. "
@vidiot said:
" I was watching the moving-picture-box, and I saw that Wii-Bowling is really trendy with geriatrics like you. :P "
Good points. I might just be a geriatric gamer living in the dark ages.
#11 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1548 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to Kinect.  It should open up gaming to a lot of people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.