Motorstorm's online play broken on launch, plus, thoughts inside!

#1 Edited by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

The online play in the game is broken! When you go to the online mode, the lobby loads for a while, and a message shows up that says "Fatal Error Occurred." This sucks because a lot of the game's appeal lied in the online play. 

Other then this issue, the game is pretty good! The racing has just the right amount of challenge to it and the AI isn't a bunch of rubber-bands. The game seemed to have a pretty good sense of speed from what I played (the first challenge) all while maintaining a great framerate. The "Festival" mode has a shitload of challenges, I held down the right arrow for about 20 seconds before it stopped scrolling all the challenges. 

EDIT: THE GAME'S ONLINE PLAY IS NOW FUNCTIONAL.

#2 Posted by switchit (119 posts) -

This game reminded me how much i loved Passific Rift. It plays almost exactly like its bigbrothers and for a PSP title it got pretty good graphics. The races where way to easy in the beginning though. Imo what really made Motorstorm so great was that you'd have to push your driving just a little more all the time. Luckily the difficulty  gets way better after an hour or so.

Very good so far. Havn't tried the online yet as my router is busted. :S

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.