Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift lets players race in vehicles of all shapes and sizes across the harsh, untamed terrain of a tropical island in the Pacific Ocean.

Does anyone have Motorstorm Pacific Rift?

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DrPepper1990
    ScreamingEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ScreamingEagle

Yeah I rented it...It's an average game...I've seen better, but I also seen worse...I recommend that you rent it too, because it isn't worth 60 bucks.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

I picked it up and it was more than worth the asking price, great soundtrack, solid online - great races, interesting tracks that make it feel almost ott mario kart - world war themed beach storming levels, abonded indoor factories etc.

The physics are a hundred times better, as is the handling, every vehicle (with imho the exception of the atv) handles like a dream and every time i race a track i find myself going a different way or finding another shortcut or road that really opens up the experiance.

After hating the first one i thought i would also hate the 2nd one but bought it because all my psl league mates were playing it ocnstantly, and i felt left out- im glad i did - Killzone2 beta, Little big planet, Fallout 3, far cry 2 and endwar have all sat on the shelf whilst ive played this :D :D
    Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Unreal_dro

Mediocre, just like the first

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Lemegeton

i will get it at some stage but there are far better titles to be playing at the moment.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By shadows_kill

you could try the demo out first

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AaronBelfast

Didn't like the first one, doesn't really matter thlough as it came free in my bundle. I loved the demo on PR, but don't think I'll pay full price for a racing game in peak season. I'll get it in the bargain bin next year, for sure.

Thats probably the last game for the Motorstorm franchise, seeing as it only sold 30k in the first week.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

I tried the demo and it seems too much like the first one (which i own),  i dont like it  :<|
    better wait for a price drop my friend

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By TheHBK

no

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's a decent game. I might pick it up when it's $19.99. That's just because I don't like racing games very much though.

dead_panoramic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By dead_panoramic

The demo is not a fair representation of the final product. It was culled from a much older build. Pacific Rift plays much like the first game, with similar physics and handling. However, I have found the graphics, track design, track variety, event variety, online play, and vehicle/character choices to have all been improved in some way. I am a big fan of the first game, and I think Pacific Rift is a much better package, and well worth my $60.

A big turnoff is the difficulty, which definitely spikes near the end of the Festival, but even despite this problem, it's my favorite racing game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince
    dead_panoramic said:
    "The demo is not a fair representation of the final product. It was culled from a much older build. Pacific Rift plays much like the first game, with similar physics and handling. However, I have found the graphics, track design, track variety, event variety, online play, and vehicle/character choices to have all been improved in some way. I am a big fan of the first game, and I think Pacific Rift is a much better package, and well worth my $60.

A big turnoff is the difficulty, which definitely spikes near the end of the Festival, but even despite this problem, it's my favorite racing game."
    So graphics are much improved in the final build?
    Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Riddler

no

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate
    LiquidPrince said:
    "dead_panoramic said:
    "The demo is not a fair representation of the final product. It was culled from a much older build. Pacific Rift plays much like the first game, with similar physics and handling. However, I have found the graphics, track design, track variety, event variety, online play, and vehicle/character choices to have all been improved in some way. I am a big fan of the first game, and I think Pacific Rift is a much better package, and well worth my $60.

A big turnoff is the difficulty, which definitely spikes near the end of the Festival, but even despite this problem, it's my favorite racing game."
    So graphics are much improved in the final build?"
    Yup They ar much much better than i had expected given the demo - im still whoring away at this game, its solid online and has a challenging and brutal offline - a great for music/racing/festival/adrenaline junkies all round!
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Shadow

I love it.  My main problem with the first one was there was just too may narrow coridors and small pathways you had to go through in the first.  This one is way more open so I find myself having to hit on the breaks less.  If I have one problem with it, I'd say it's that the vehicles don't have enough weight to them.  It seems like the smallest bump can send anything but a big rig spiraling through the air.  That's not nearly enough to make the game bad though.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

yeah, i think it's great. i'm putting off a lot of other games that i thought i'd like better to spend more time with pacific rift.

Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Throne

I might get it, but not at $60. Maybe if it dropped to $50 or $40 then maybe. I'm still too busy playing CoD4, LBP, and R2. :)

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shadows_kill

get it for christmas

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.