xantiriad's MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PlayStation 3) review

Loud, brash and fun.

Motorstorm is back, and this time it has taken the cyberpunk off-road racing even further and set the entire game on a volcanic pacific island. The setting provides Motorstorm with much needed variety in both the track environments and design: from long beaches and lava tubes, to jungle tracks and mountain top observatories. Races are grouped by location and race type, making progression less linear and more interesting. Online, you can race with up to 12 other suicidal petrol heads. Motorstorm 2 is loud, brash and loads of fun.

Other reviews for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PlayStation 3)

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - Review 0

When the PS3 first launched a few years back, Motorstorm was a title that really showed the potential of the PS3 hardware. Although the game was drop dead gorgeous, to me it really just played like a tech demo and wasn't much of a game at all.How things have changed with Pacific Rift! This game was released in November of 2008 and somehow got lost amongst some of the AAA titles that hit during that month. I blame developers and publishers for releasing everything during November, makes it very ...

A Retrospective: Or, By Your Powers Combined I am Captain Planet! 0

I've gotten my hands on the newest Motorstorm(of the Apocalyptic variety), and before I start on that adventure, I'd like to take a little time to reflect on the time I spent on Pacific Rift. Water, Fire, Earth, and Wind zones were the name of the game of this game, and we're lucky that a bit of Heart was applied to this game along with the technical talent involved, especially in the levels that it was fleshed out upon, and in the individual feel of most of the vehicles have. However, the game ...