Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MotorStorm

Franchise »

MotorStorm is a franchise that has separated itself from others in the Racing genre with a wide selection of vehicles, and paths to take when on the circuit.

First pics of Motorstorm 3?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

a french site is running what they say are leaked pictures of Motorstorm 3, which confirm the post apocaliptic nature of the game as it's been rumored lately. Take a look for yourself, they seem real to me:

http://www.ps3gen.fr/motorstorm-3-images-volees-jeu-toujours-pas-annonce-actualite-11172.html

If true, this is quite a awesome setting for a Motorstorm game, but also, another Sony exclusive leaked before E3. Between Killzone 3 (well that was announced), Infamous 2 in GI cover and now this, all that's left is Resistance 3

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Im nott oo sure, i love the idea of a post apocolyptic setting - however theres one image in there that has me ' concerned' 

No Caption Provided
    Notice the people on the 'track' about to get hit by the car. 

Im not too sure about these shots tbh, the age rating of the game would go through the roof if running over civilians was part of each race, i really want motorstorm 3, and thinking about it, mass interactive post apocolyptic environments would suit the game to the ground, but that screenshot right there, plus the really clunky UI? I dont think this is legit, not for motor-storm - especially since i would imagine it wouldnt be called 'Motor-storm 3' either, none of the MS sequels have numbers, but subtitles. 

Im actually gonna go say this is fake  - or carmageddon / twisted metal sequel!
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

that's a good point actually...maybe that dude is just about to get out of the way? :P

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By FireBurger
    @OmegaPirate: It could be that the people jump out of the way before you can hit them, like some games do it.

I think this setting could offer some cool gameplay, but I'm so sick of the brown and gray color palette. I like bright and sunny, not dark and dreary.
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @OmegaPirate: 
    If you look closer, you'll realize these are screen grabs from the game in 3D. So, you'll have to pull out 3d glasses to see that those are motorcyclist, and the player just ran over one of the motorcyclist, which is why the body is flailing.
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @OmegaPirate: 
    Also as for the games not having numbers, it could be just an American thing.

No Caption Provided
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @FireBurger: True - and while that would be pretty badass to a degree - i just dont know how they could do that well without being ridiculous. 
    A lot of Motorstorms racing is grinding alongside eachother, smashing other vehicles all over the shop - and general carnage, If one car forced a dude ot leap to his left, then another racer came ot the left, is that pedestrian gonna leap out the way of THAT one too before the other animation has finished, basically leap frogging his way to the end? or will he just get hit by the 2nd, making the diving pointless - i'm not sure, i guess there is a degree of authenticity to the shots, but at the same time something just isnt reading right about them, theres too much conflict with the series staples. 

And yeah thats one thing i LOVED about pacific rift, not only was it drop dead gorgeous - but it was so damn bright and colourful!
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @HypoXenophobia: oh wow - i guess you are right there is some kind of bike wreckage there - although i do reckon theres one or two other gusy running ot the left and right but IDK 

And good catch on the numbering there, i know over here in england there was no numbering at all, but a different region would explain any potential numeric titles!
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By CoolDrMoney

The fallen ATV riders and bikers can be hit by the mass of cars in the previous titles, hitting pedestrians isn't too much of a stretch.

Edit: Or yeah, that probably is just a biker in the image.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @CoolDrMoney: Oh yeah, punching a fellow biker and watching him get hit by a passing truck / rally car was one of the funniest parts of motor-storm! And i wouldn't be fazed by it at all, but i just figure there'd be more of a stigma attached to running down 'non-combatants' as it were - though if they decide to populate the tracks with revellers and crazy motherfuckers doing insane shit like is always shown in the CG motorstorm vids  -then i guess that could fly too!
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @OmegaPirate: 
    As for your comment about the UI, I think it's because of the 3D. I too was in disbelief because of it, cause Motorstorm generally has a slick UI and that one looks dull. It could be that for 3D mode, it looks that way to stick out spatially lest the player get's confused. I think in normal mode, they game will probably look a lot better and interesting. Though thinking about it, the apocalyptic concept could work so that way as you're racing through the track, spatially, things are coming out the screen at you. Like the falling buildings and debris. Could be cool. Like Splitsecond but 3D
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By CoolDrMoney
    @OmegaPirate:  I've been playing Split/Second lately, and I was thinking about that E3 05 trailer for Motorstorm. I think something visually along those lines and technically capable of providing that visceral action is completely feasible on the system, especially from a developer exclusively focused on the PS3 hardware.

I want that target render to be truly realized by the end of this console gen, I don't care if it doesn't arrive until 2015. It's already been 5 years, another 5 won't kill us.

Also, every single Motorstorm CG trailer ends with a biker about to be crushed. Let's hope it's a building about to fall on top of him/her this time around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.