Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount and Blade: With Fire & Sword

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 03, 2011

Set in the 1600s, Fire and the Sword brings the medieval Mount and Blade games into an era of new technology and conflicts, while retaining its open world RPG gameplay.

Mount & Blade: Fire and Sword is garbage

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

Honestly i loved warband but the addition of first gen guns has made this game garbage. They've reduced dmg with spears/swords, so i can face stab a guy on horse and not kill him, but guns are easy one shots... Also the gun play ruins what little pace mount & blade had, and turns every thing into a slow motions strafing match. Also there a some factions with exponentially better guns, which gives them the automatic win, since most maps are open fields...This game is such a let down compared to its predecessors, I'm thankful i only spent 3$ on steam sale instead of the 15$ price tag. Idk if i'll ever invest in one of Taleworlds games again after this atrocious garbage.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

For the sake of every moderators' sanity, please use the game specific forums when appropriate instead of just lumping everying into General.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beaudacious
    @MB:  Sorry i forgot to change it before i hit post -.- .
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I'm loving it, with decent armor the guns often don't make much of a instant win, and besides its a lot riskier to ride in front and just lolstab people to death while safe on your horse ( I mean, I could take out entire armies solo in Warband, just kiting them on my horse with a bow and sword).

Would love a real sequel tho someday.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I really don't see the problem with Fire and Sword, the original Mount and Blade was better, but i mean come on, you actually get fire arms, its awesome!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onarum

@Beaudacious said:

Honestly i loved warband but the addition of first gen guns has made this game garbage. They've reduced dmg with spears/swords, so i can face stab a guy on horse and not kill him, but guns are easy one shots... Also the gun play ruins what little pace mount & blade had, and turns every thing into a slow motions strafing match. Also there a some factions with exponentially better guns, which gives them the automatic win, since most maps are open fields...This game is such a let down compared to its predecessors, I'm thankful i only spent 3$ on steam sale instead of the 15$ price tag. Idk if i'll ever invest in one of Taleworlds games again after this atrocious garbage.

To be fair WFaS was pretty much just a original mount & blade(non warband) mod made by another company released in Turkey(I think) that TW  decided to release in english, it's pretty old also, it came in 2009 if I'm not mistaken and by then, in comparison with the original M&B, it was fine I guess, but yeah it's not very good, especially when compared with warband.

but I dunno, I kinda like the firearm mechanics, forces you to try something different than just charging on a horse with a couched lance over and over.

I don't think TW should have done it though, they made a bit of money, but also stained their name, but regardless of that I'm still excited to see what they'll do with M&B 2 man.
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I haven't played WFaS yet, but at least in the original M&B ranged weapons were far superior to melee anyways. Seriously, in M&B you could kite a 50 man army if you had enough arrows/bolts, and having a 50+ army of ranged fighters = insta-win. 

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I like it because it's more tactical, but obviously it's less of a game.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CaptainTightPants

The only thing I don't like is that now you can get shot in the face and killed pretty easily, so that means no more leaving my army behind and killing 30 people myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.