DAVE QUICKLOOK!

#1 Posted by ballsnbayonets (156 posts) -

i want a quicklook from the perspective of a drummer its the best game ever.

#2 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@ballsnbayonets said:

i want a quicklook from the perspective of a drummer its the best game ever.

I think some giantbomb duders should form a napoleonic band with Dave if he decided to quicklook it. Since, if I recall there is a "play together" option for musicans.

#3 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

@MatthewTheBeast: This game is so damn full. He'll have to find matches were there are few people or he puts up his own server. 200 people and Dave trying to quicklook doesn't seem ideal.

#4 Edited by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@Divina_Rex said:

@MatthewTheBeast: This game is so damn full. He'll have to find matches were there are few people or he puts up his own server. 200 people and Dave trying to quicklook doesn't seem ideal.

I am pretty sure the Developers put up like... 8 official servers and some public friendly unoffical servers like those that have United as its tag. So around 80+ players in a server doing some stuff and maybe join a commander battle server cause those end pretty quickly nowadays because most set the time limit at around 5 minutes or less for some odd reason.

#5 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

@MatthewTheBeast said:

@Divina_Rex said:

I am pretty sure the Developers put up like... 8 official servers and some public friendly unoffical servers like those that have United as its tag. So around 80+ players in a server doing some stuff and maybe join a commander battle server cause those end pretty quickly nowadays because most set the time limit at around 5 minutes or less for some odd reason.

Have you seen how full Battle is. At least that is the one he played during the other quick looks so he'll have to do another game type.

#6 Edited by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@Divina_Rex said:

@MatthewTheBeast said:

@Divina_Rex said:

Have you seen how full Battle is. At least that is the one he played during the other quick looks so he'll have to do another game type.

Of course, I think... deathmatch or... bloody something that allows respawns gametype is frequent in the United server, very good melee practice since you get into the thick pretty quickly. Also, I think there is no way in hell he'll join on the Napoleonic Wars events ( a list of it I made a forum thread about) which is the real meat of the DLC in my opinion. Say, have you join in one of the events so far?

#7 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

Hell yes, first thought when I heard of the title!

It may be multiplayer only but I'm sure we have plenty of GB fans that would love to play this with you guys. <self_projection>

#8 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

So you stand in a line and fire at each other? SWEET.

#9 Posted by Morningstar (2174 posts) -

I think this is an excellent suggestion/demand.

#10 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

Wow, I had no idea  this was even a thing. I haven't played M&B in a while but I remember liking the Napoleonic War mod that existed for the game.

#11 Edited by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@President_Barackbar said:

Wow, I had no idea this was even a thing. I haven't played M&B in a while but I remember liking the Napoleonic War mod that existed for the game.

This DLC was made by the modders of Mount&Musket, that mod is probably what you were thinking. Unfortunately, this game isn't that well advertised and even Taleworlds kinda underplayed it to Steam, of which they original only brought 500 keys on the offical Steam release of the DLC.

@Funkydupe said:

So you stand in a line and fire at each other? SWEET.

Hell yeahs. Check out some videos, .e.g the BAB linebattles.

#12 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

The Mount and Blade quicklooks so far have always been kinda poor and too short to really show the game. Too bad we'll never get a Mount and Blade TNT, probably even after M&B2 comes out.

#13 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

The Mount and Blade quicklooks so far have always been kinda poor and too short to really show the game. Too bad we'll never get a Mount and Blade TNT, probably even after M&B2 comes out.

Eh, Dave tries his best, admittedly doing these games any justice with a quicklook would require a more extensive amount of time that kind of defeats the premise of a "Quick look" . And... a M&B TNT would be great , but I always believe these kind of games require a bit more user-based organization than just public play, i.e. Linebattles and shieldwall events. So I think any TNTs that would occur, will reflect poorly on what the M&B series could be. A nice thought to have though...

#14 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@MatthewTheBeast: Same could be said about tactics in any online game. M&B doesn't really require a more organized approach (especially pre-firearms), but it certainly benefits from one. Having 100 dudes storm and defend a castle in regular Warband for an hour on TNT would offer enough insight into how the game worked and what you could expect from playing the native MP. A TNT setting is no more a disservice to what M&B could potentially be than the Battlefield 3 TNTs were.
#15 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@MatthewTheBeast: Same could be said about tactics in any online game. M&B doesn't really require a more organized approach (especially pre-firearms), but it certainly benefits from one. Having 100 dudes storm and defend a castle in regular Warband for an hour on TNT would offer enough insight into how the game worked and what you could expect from playing the native MP. A TNT setting is no more a disservice to what M&B could potentially be than the Battlefield 3 TNTs were.

Quite right about native M&B. I was more referring to in the lines of a Napoleonic Wars TNT, but same difference I suppose.

#16 Posted by Mikemcn (6989 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

Dave quicklooks of mount and blade do more harm than good unfortunately. A TNT would be awesome.

#17 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (522 posts) -

Yes pleaseee

#18 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Mikemcn

@MrKlorox said:

Dave quicklooks of mount and blade do more harm than good unfortunately. A TNT would be awesome.

A TNT would be great, but it'll never happen unfortunately.
#19 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Mikemcn

@MrKlorox said:

Maybe they'll do a TNT of Napoleonic Wars if some Giantbombers decided to form a regiment of grenadiers or whatever. It'll be more inciting to play with some form of organization mixed it in the chaos of public play.

#20 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I'm somewhat a part of the dev team (mapper) and if required, I could get the guys at Flying Squirrel to hold some special 'Quick Look Event'. I'm thinking a siege or something with 200 players, just to demonstrate the game fully. They'd love to get some more publicity for NW.

#21 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@Gizmo said:

I'm somewhat a part of the dev team (mapper) and if required, I could get the guys at Flying Squirrel to hold some special 'Quick Look Event'. I'm thinking a siege or something with 200 players, just to demonstrate the game fully. They'd love to get some more publicity for NW.

That'll be nice and this game really needs some more publicity. Like.. the PrinceOfMacedon guy (who got the game from a developer) I think boosted NW from the second page of the top sellers to the first page since... today I think when he made a video.

#22 Posted by MysteriousFawx (383 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Mikemcn

@MrKlorox said:

TNT of M+B alongside a board/card game? Like they did with Star Trek and CaH...or even better, Trackmania and Mount+Blade TnT, mess with the video editing and see how it goes.

#23 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@MysteriousFawx said:

@CL60 said:

@Mikemcn

@MrKlorox said:

TNT of M+B alongside a board/card game? Like they did with Star Trek and CaH...or even better, Trackmania and Mount+Blade TnT, mess with the video editing and see how it goes.

Would be interesting to see the mix of classical music background of Napoleonic Wars and the dubstep of Trackmania.

#24 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -

@Gizmo said:

Dammit this has to happen

#25 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@Onno10 said:

@Gizmo said:

Dammit this has to happen

Also, note that the PC Giantbomb is using has an ATI/AMD card so the game might have some problems since the developers noted that Nividia works best.

#26 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I use a ATI card myself (as do many of the dev team), and it works flawlessly.

#27 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@Gizmo said:

Huh? I sworn I seen a developer mentioned there were driver problems with AMD/ATI with the game, oh well.

#28 Posted by AlexW00d (6283 posts) -

@MatthewTheBeast said:

@Gizmo said:

Huh? I sworn I seen a developer mentioned there were driver problems with AMD/ATI with the game, oh well.

I dunno if you've ever seen a M&B game but you don't really need any kind of power to run it well.

Anyway, I hope this happens so much. Although, I and a few others tried to get a Warband weekly gamenight up and running, but noone showed up, so I dunno if this community really cares.

#29 Edited by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@MatthewTheBeast said:

@Gizmo said:

I dunno if you've ever seen a M&B game but you don't really need any kind of power to run it well.

Anyway, I hope this happens so much. Although, I and a few others tried to get a Warband weekly gamenight up and running, but noone showed up, so I dunno if this community really cares.

Well I wasn't talking about any sort of power with GPUs, just odd configs that may hamper the game as evidence by those posted in the support section of the forums of NW. Anyways, I would be up for a Napoleonic Wars game-night and the community here does seem to care very little of the M&B series, eh... Which is kind of sad because Dave's QL of Warband convinced me to get into the series in the first place.

#30 Posted by notha (239 posts) -

@MatthewTheBeast said:

@Gizmo said:

That'll be nice and this game really needs some more publicity. Like.. the PrinceOfMacedon guy (who got the game from a developer) I think boosted NW from the second page of the top sellers to the first page since... today I think when he made a video.

i was a little surprised when this came out as an expansion requiring warband, instead of a stand-alone like fire & sword was. I think not being stand-alone could significantly hinder public awareness.

#31 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

@notha said:

@MatthewTheBeast said:

@Gizmo said:

i was a little surprised when this came out as an expansion requiring warband, instead of a stand-alone like fire & sword was. I think not being stand-alone could significantly hinder public awareness.

I am not sure being it just a piece of DLC really prevents any public awareness of it. That depends almost solely on media coverage (websites like GB) and etc ( youtube). Both of which this game kind of lacks, albeit, the former is more apparent than the latter, Giantbomb doesn't even have the launch trailer of Napoleonic Wars.

#32 Posted by FrenchFriedFool (169 posts) -

This is seriously needed; people need to get in on this insanity!

#33 Posted by MatthewTheBeast (170 posts) -

Glad to see that some people from this community picked this game up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.