Got Mount & Blade: Warband on steam and it's asking for a CD key?

#1 Edited by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

It thinks I'm running a demo and asks for a key to activate the full game. 
I right clicked it and selected show CD Key and it gives me a code way too long for what it asks when I start it up. 
I checked the steam forums and everyone else that just got it form the sale is having this problem too. 
I'd have posted there but new accounts have to be reviewed and activated or something. 

Anyone know what's up?

#2 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Alt Tab menu?

#3 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -
@Haru48 said:
" Alt Tab menu? "
I can't actually get into the game. Just the launcher.
#4 Edited by onarum (2063 posts) -

That's weird, try reinstalling it, also make sure you're not in offline mode when you launch it.

Just fired up my copy and it's working fine, my cd key has 16 characters in length, but I didn't got it in this sale so maybe that has something to do with it.

#5 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -
@onarum said:
" That's weird, try reinstalling it, also make sure you're not in offline mode when you launch it.  Just fired up my copy and it's working fine, my cd key has 16 characters in length, but I didn't got it in this sale so maybe that has something to do with it. "
It's asking for a 4x4 key and it's giving me the 5x5 product key for steam, which is already used since it's installed. I'm not in offline mode either.
#6 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@TheChaos: Check the email account associated to the Steam account in case its mailed any code to you that way?
#7 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" @TheChaos: Check the email account associated to the Steam account in case its mailed any code to you that way? "
Nope. It seems everyone else that got it through the 75% off sale are in the same situation as me.
#8 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

That's weird, I bought it from the sale too, and got no issues at all.

#9 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

Well they did just change the sale, when they combined the original and warband now.

#10 Edited by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Edit: Doh! Never mind.

#11 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -
@Mechwing said:
" Well they did just change the sale, when they combined the original and warband now. "
You can still buy them seperately on sale, which I did since normal M&B is crap compared to Warband.
#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Same problem here.

Taleworlds can't help one of their mods claim and Steam's support site is slower then a turtle without legs.
So much for the smooth digital future.

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14363 posts) -

If the CD key that it displays when you right click on it in steam and select "View CD Key" is wrong, then they've obviously assigned you a bad CD key. Just contact steam support and I'm sure they'll issue you a new one.

#14 Posted by TheHT (11090 posts) -
@TheChaos said:
" @Hamz said:
" @TheChaos: Check the email account associated to the Steam account in case its mailed any code to you that way? "
Nope. It seems everyone else that got it through the 75% off sale are in the same situation as me. "
If that's the case you may as well follow the situation on the Steam forums and contact Steam support as well, letting them know it's affecting you too.
#15 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

Just tried to activate the copy I won from Snide and im getting the same thing. Its asking for a 4x4 key and I was given a 5x5 key =\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.