Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount & Blade: Warband

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 30, 2010

Warband is a stand-alone expansion for Mount and Blade. It serves an improved and expanded re-release of the original Mount and Blade, a medieval open world RPG by Taleworlds.

Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars is a upcoming multplayer focused DLC for Mount&Blade: Warband. For those who did not know, this DLC started off as one of the earliest mulitplayer Warband mods that included firearms and to have a solid community/large player population base called Mount&Musket. I've been part of the community's events for the past year or so and the mod itself was not updated for quite some time. Personally, I love that the modders of Mount&Musket had come so far as to get their ideas out their and hopefully getting paid for their hardwork. Unfortunately, I can't help but see there will be a divide in the community and that there are other multplayer mods that had to suffice to say bypass Mount&Musket in terms of features and pushing the Warband engine to its limits in the past year or so. Examples such as, Vikingr, Secession and The Deluge. For those curious here's the forum to the mod formerly known as Mount&Musket: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,179.0.html

Source: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2012/3/mount-blade-warband-napoleonic-wars-multiplayer-dlc-announced

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I love this game and its following, it has so much potential!

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Hmm... as expected there was a short flame war in the middle of the announcement thread in the Mount&Musket forum... Although I might have to retract my statement about Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars on how it compares to other mods if it stands above those mods.

Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Onno10

Great!

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Some great news, it appears that Warband will get updated from the work the former mod-developers did onto the engine when working on M&BW: NW. Also, there are continual sneak peaks on units and some short Q&As with the main developer with some youtube guy.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I hope it's better than With Fire and Sword, that game needed some balancing. Anyway, i suppose i should get hyped for this, i just reinstalled mount and blade warband today.

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I hope it's better than With Fire and Sword, that game needed some balancing. Anyway, i suppose i should get hyped for this, i just reinstalled mount and blade warband today.

I am about 75% sure that it will be better than With Fire & Sword due it being a Warband mod being ported and not just a Mount&Blade mod haphazardly ported into the Warband engine. Also, I suggest looking into some Warband mods, I'll link the forum list of mods. I only played multiplayer mods so.... the most populous are CRPG, Mount&Musket, and The Deluge.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,165.0.html

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Update: The planned release date is April 19 for most digital outlets, i.e. Steam and Gamersgate.

Pricing: € 9.95

$ 9.95

£ 7.95

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.