Quick look for M&B Warband ?

#1 Posted by ic4ruz (6 posts) -

Hi, 

Is there any possibility to do a quick look for M&b Warband ? That would be awesome ! 

#2 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
@ic4ruz said:
" Hi,  Is there any possibility to do a quick look for M&b Warband ? That would be awesome !  "
Its almost an East Bloc Game, so I would hope Dave would take an interest, but I doubt it will happen. But this would be one of the more entertaining quick looks if they did it, the rest of the GB crew wouldn't know what to think.
#3 Posted by Drebin_893 (2915 posts) -

Levio's on it.

#4 Posted by Bakumatsu (355 posts) -

Come oooon Dave! (applause) :)

#5 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

I support this. I'm interested in it (I loved the original M&B), and want to know if the multiplayer is any good.

#6 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

I'll see if I can sneak it in this week. I didn't play the first one, so I don't know the difference in this new one, but I got slightly addicted this weekend just roaming the countryside.

#7 Posted by Pazy (2581 posts) -
@snide said:
" I'll see if I can sneak it in this week. I didn't play the first one, so I don't know the difference in this new one, but I got slightly addicted this weekend just roaming the countryside. "

Even if its ill-informed you must do it!
#8 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

A quick look of Mount and Blade Warband is an absolute must. The more exposure this crappy game gets means the more people will buy it, and the more likely a sequel with good production values will come to exist.

#9 Edited by Dark_Jon (581 posts) -

Oh man, even though the production values are low, this game is very addicting. I used to play it for hours when it came out a few years ago. Just building up your army from like 5 guys to 100 was so much fun! Not to mention the bigger and bigger battles.

#10 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

The first game was brilliant in my opinion. I definitely had more fun and interest in playing it, even with it's obvious lack of polish, than most bigger budget games. And the greatest part about it was the sheer number of mods for the game, ranging from basic texture reskins to complete and total conversion mods with all sorts of custom music and battle cries!

I'm very hopeful the same will occur with M&B: Warband. It would be great to see the guys give us a quick look of this as it deserves to be given it's 15 minutes or so of fame. Look forward too it :)

#11 Posted by Dark_Jon (581 posts) -
@Hamz: I remember the battle sizer mod from the first game. I think the first game only allowed 100 units on the field at a time. With the mod, you were able to get up to 1000! Provided your PC could handle it of course.
#12 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@Dark_Jon: First mod I downloaded for the game lol. Locked up my computer because, surprise surprise, I went a little too ambitious with the number of units haha!

There is definitely a tonne of great mods for the first M&B. I'd hope that some of them can easily be ported over to Warband rather than wait around for them to be started from scratch all over again!
#13 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

I declare a victory for awesome but obscure games with cult followings.

#14 Posted by gike987 (1754 posts) -

Still no quick look. I really hope we get one, this game is one of the best I have played this year.

#15 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
@gike987 said:
" Still no quick look. I really hope we get one, this game is one of the best I have played this year. "
Dave is the one person who would be able to push that through and as the main site engineer i'm sure hes been wayyyyyyy too busy with all the new site stuff and has either forgotten or hasn't had the time.That or, the GB crew said 'Not another one of your crazy East Bloc games, Dave!" and shot it down, which would be kind of a bummer but I'm so behind on the endurance run I haven't really noticed.
#16 Posted by Bummlmitz (73 posts) -

This game deserves a quick look. 

#17 Posted by Azrail (404 posts) -

games only rly boscure to console gamers, which make sense since its a pc only game...

#18 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Azrail said:
" games only rly boscure to console gamers, which make sense since its a pc only game... "
True. There's still a relatively large PC userbase on GB though so there's bound to be some people who would want to get a QL on this. I do anyway.
#19 Posted by TheHT (11266 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" The first game was brilliant in my opinion. I definitely had more fun and interest in playing it, even with it's obvious lack of polish, than most bigger budget games. And the greatest part about it was the sheer number of mods for the game, ranging from basic texture reskins to complete and total conversion mods with all sorts of custom music and battle cries!  I'm very hopeful the same will occur with M&B: Warband. It would be great to see the guys give us a quick look of this as it deserves to be given it's 15 minutes or so of fame. Look forward too it :) "
I think it's so much fun mainly because it's one of those games that feeds on your imagination. There's no set story, no single path, not even an end. It just you smack dap in the middle of some big medieval locale. I always find myself imagining stories for my characters and rationalizing why some companions leave or choosing other companions to be my loyal and elite few. And so much more geeky stuff like that make it stand out.

lol it sounds silly I guess, but it reminds me of when I was a kid playing with toys, making up stories as I went along.
#20 Posted by SilenceUK (329 posts) -

I am hovering over the buy button daily but for 25 british pounds its a bti tight on my pocket if its not amazing.....so yeah QUICK LOOK please guys
#21 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@SilenceUK said:
" I am hovering over the buy button daily but for 25 british pounds its a bti tight on my pocket if its not amazing.....so yeah QUICK LOOK please guys "
£16 on Amazon, I too am tempted.
#22 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
@Drebin_893 said:
" Levio's on it. "
Dude, Levios :'( ......
#23 Posted by MightyMayorMike (423 posts) -
@snide:  Would still love to see a quick look for this, if there's any leaning toward doing one. Even if you didn't play the first. I played the first quite a bit and don't know whether or not to get Warband, so it'd be great to see it in action.
#24 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
@OmegaPirate said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
" Levio's on it. "
Dude, Levios :'( ...... "
Who is Levio? Someone answer that question for me.........  Im sure I'll regret asking but I want to now why some of you seem to think he was a big deal.

Also, i'd still like a quick look of this.
#25 Posted by David (131 posts) -

I also approve of a quick look for this.
I loved the first game even with it's lack of polish, it was still fun!
Plus Ryan would have an idea of what it's like since he didn't know anything about it on the podcast.

#26 Posted by SilenceUK (329 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" @SilenceUK said:
" I am hovering over the buy button daily but for 25 british pounds its a bti tight on my pocket if its not amazing.....so yeah QUICK LOOK please guys "
£16 on Amazon, I too am tempted. "

is ti bad that if the game was worth buying i would pay the extra to not have to put a disk in and have the steam lay over and news etc.....didnt buy Dragon Age through steam and regret it now :(
#27 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

Victory.
#28 Posted by SomethingClever (419 posts) -

Yeah, if you search in the videos you will see a quick look for this but it totally doesn't exist yet.@Mikemcn said:

"
 Victory.
"
#29 Posted by dredos (6 posts) -

Its up. Thanks for teh QL ^^    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.