Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount & Blade: Warband

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 30, 2010

Warband is a stand-alone expansion for Mount and Blade. It serves an improved and expanded re-release of the original Mount and Blade, a medieval open world RPG by Taleworlds.

So, I got the pack on Steam Sale...

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

...and I'm curious if there is any reason to play the original Mount and Blade? From everything I've read Warband is basically the original game but improved in every meaningful way. So, basically I'm curious if there is any difference in the original that isn't in warband.

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ABritishNerd
    @CenturionCajun: I've never played the first one but I believe that is the case, enjoying it?
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Far as I know Warband is better in every way, also adding more stuff like factions and what not.
    Maybe check a wiki? I never noticed anything in MB that was worth playing over Warband.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, Warband ate my entire day yesterday. Before I knew it it was 3 AM. So, yes I'm loving it so far. It took me a few characters to get the hang of things though. Once you paint yourself into a corner the game isn't shy about beating the crap out of you.

I've been pretty shocked by the lack of information out there on this game. I eventually found a wiki that covers major gameplay elements but is still missing quite a bit. Everything I've found though says Warband is essentially an improved version of the original game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.