Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount & Blade

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Mount & Blade creates a living medieval world for PC gamers to explore and conquer by whatever means they choose.

Should I get Warband or With Fire and Sword?

soliddragon24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By soliddragon24

Not sure which one to get, I watched the quicklooks but still on the fence, does anyone know which one is "better" or more popular?

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bellmont42

I'd think warband would have more players.. it was really popular... but whos to say they haven't moved to the new one? especially with a $3.75 price tag today

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vodun

Don't know which is more popular, but Fire n' Sword is the latest one. They are both very similar in quality and mechanics, the main difference between the two is gunpowder. In FnS you have pistols and rifles which reaaaally changes the game.

Without gunpowder I'd say my most valued units were the horses, there were even instances where I could take out 10-15 guys on my own. But with rifles I've gone up against fairly low ranking dudes and they've completely murdered me as I was riding in on them. I'd pick depending on what type of warfare you prefer, up close and personal or more focusing on ranged combat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.