Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ms. Splosion Man

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

'Splosion Man, everyone's favorite being of mass destruction has finally been captured by Big Science. Fortunately, help is on the way in the form of his newly-created soulmate, the pink and giggly Ms. 'Splosion Man!

Lets talk about the ending! (Spoilers)

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By craigbo180

So I just got done beating the last boss... wow. I can't believe they pulled that on the last boss, I literally can't believe it. That was an awesome pay off, especially since I have mad love for punch out. Some of the dialogue throughout the battle was simply brilliant, "I will crush you" and 'Splosion Man's random jibberish at the end, all with the retro punch out style portraits. It was really crazy and totally unexpected. The only downfall is it made the last boss the quickest and easiest to beat, in my opinion anyway. Perhaps it would have been better with two rounds of punch out action and then standard splode mechanics to take her down, for more of a huge explosion at the end.

The wedding afterwards was pretty good but I was already ready for it and it can't stand up to the original ending, it was still quite enjoyable though. I must say I enjoyed the part where the costumed Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man riding off on a motorcycle while Major Nelson's head flew at the screen and exploded. I noticed in the credits that they had a lot of their family members as extra's in the church scene which is pretty rad, also Alex got thanked in the credits.

Overall I thought the game was really fun with only one or two bad parts and definitely worth the 800 points, I can't wait to blast through the multiplayer and try going for that hardcore mode achievement. Truth be told I never did finish the original on hardcore I did manage to make it to near the end of the third world though, I might juggle the two while I try and S-Rank them both. So what did you think of the ending? 

No Caption Provided
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By craigbo180

So I just got done beating the last boss... wow. I can't believe they pulled that on the last boss, I literally can't believe it. That was an awesome pay off, especially since I have mad love for punch out. Some of the dialogue throughout the battle was simply brilliant, "I will crush you" and 'Splosion Man's random jibberish at the end, all with the retro punch out style portraits. It was really crazy and totally unexpected. The only downfall is it made the last boss the quickest and easiest to beat, in my opinion anyway. Perhaps it would have been better with two rounds of punch out action and then standard splode mechanics to take her down, for more of a huge explosion at the end.

The wedding afterwards was pretty good but I was already ready for it and it can't stand up to the original ending, it was still quite enjoyable though. I must say I enjoyed the part where the costumed Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man riding off on a motorcycle while Major Nelson's head flew at the screen and exploded. I noticed in the credits that they had a lot of their family members as extra's in the church scene which is pretty rad, also Alex got thanked in the credits.

Overall I thought the game was really fun with only one or two bad parts and definitely worth the 800 points, I can't wait to blast through the multiplayer and try going for that hardcore mode achievement. Truth be told I never did finish the original on hardcore I did manage to make it to near the end of the third world though, I might juggle the two while I try and S-Rank them both. So what did you think of the ending? 

No Caption Provided
    InertiaticESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By InertiaticESP

Agreed. I thought after the punch out section, the "real fight" would begin using MSM mechanics. Was disappoint.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

In a way, I was a little disappointed that after some pretty harrowing levels leading up to the final boss that it wasn't going to be a traditional Splosion Man boss. I was pleasantly surprised nonetheless by the appearance of the one Major Nelson. But after, or before, that (I've already forgotten now) the Splosion Men straight up murder everyone for what seems like five minutes. I expected that they would do something like this again when the first one was met with such delight by pretty much everyone. But for that long? Pretty unnecessary.

And that line after your first successful round, or second I forgot again, that Arnold Schwarzenegger line didn't seem like it fit with the "character" who loves quoting girl pop songs and whatnot. I thought that was more of a 'Splosion Man thing. Hell, even that line felt like it went on for too long, too. But whatever, I'm being picky. I don't regret getting this game at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.