trial out early?

#1 Posted by Raidy (21 posts) -

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the Ms. 'Splosion Man demo released a week early (without fanfare or promos), for those who want to get a taste of next week's release.  You cant buy it yet tho, as it is priced at -1 points right now.

I was a fan of the first game, and this one is even better.  Day1 purchase for me, especially at the 800MSP it should be at when released next week.

#2 Posted by Aishan (1015 posts) -
@Raidy

The beta that was running was basically the trial version of the game with some levels also available for multiplayer over XBL. It's not surprising that it's widely available now -- it's already sitting on their distribution servers after-all. 

Although it's only two-levels, it's definitely a better trial than the original 'Splosion Man's -- which only had the first few normal, very easy levels and didn't really show what the game was about, and I hope for Twisted Pixel's sake more people give the sequel a chance. 

It's definitely a day-one purchase for me also, one of the few games I've actually been looking forward to this year.
#3 Posted by Downsize (133 posts) -

Demo is out?  huh?

#4 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Ms. Splosion Man comes out next week?

#5 Edited by Aishan (1015 posts) -
@Redbullet685: Yep, it's the last release before the Summer of Arcade starts this year.
#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -
@Aishan: Its weird that they wouldn't have added it to the Summer of Arcade, since the first was part of it in 2009.
#7 Posted by Aishan (1015 posts) -
@Redbullet685: Yeah, SoA would give them a boost, but Twisted Pixel already have a healthy relationship with Microsoft, especially so with the upcoming Gunstringer for Kinect.

They'll do alright for themselves, I reckon. As long as people buy the game. And people should buy the game. It's fun.
#8 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -

I like this more than any of the summer of arcade titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.