Twisted Pixel Announces Ms. Splosion Man

#101 Posted by Parabole (216 posts) -

The only thing I remember about Splosion Man is that if you choose the easy difficulty, the game makes Splosion man wear a tutu/skirt. It might have come as a late revelation to go from a year later "you know, he's already wearing a skirt..." My point is she's pink, wears a bow, why not just give her high heels and a skirt!

#102 Posted by Andorski (5406 posts) -

Not to hate on Twisted Pixel, but 'Splosion Man has been the only game of theirs that I have enjoyed, so I'm glad their going back for a sequel.  Improve and/or remove the boss sections and I'm all in.

#103 Posted by televisionomy (90 posts) -

Ok that's weird.

#104 Posted by StudLeeHunwell (1 posts) -

cant wait splosion man was the best live game of 09

#105 Posted by Admp (3 posts) -

maybe i should try splosion man.
#106 Posted by Radarscope1 (3 posts) -

LOL at "Spolsion Woman" ... Good grief, people. You like video games enough to have an account on a site like GB and yet you've never heard of Ms. Pac-Man?? Are you effing kidding me?!?

Great to see a new game is coming. I expect it will be pretty much like SM but with a handful of new mechanics, enemies and backgrounds. And of course, even more of TP's trademark weird humor. I love the way indie developers like TP and Team Meat do off-the-wall marketing like this.

#107 Posted by CLinendoll (77 posts) -

Just bought Splosion Man for $2 on sale. I'm very intrigued to see what Twisted Pixel has up their sleeve for this. Comic Jumper was good, hilarious in spots, but the gameplay was weak.

#108 Posted by Kyle (2327 posts) -
@Radarscope1 said:
" LOL at "Spolsion Woman" ... Good grief, people. You like video games enough to have an account on a site like GB and yet you've never heard of Ms. Pac-Man?? Are you effing kidding me?!?"
This. Shame on all of you.
#109 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -

Man, they are the worst science people ever.

#110 Posted by animathias (1197 posts) -

Wow, people are getting angry for others not liking the name, simply because of Ms. Pac-Man? Hate to break it to you, but Ms. Pac-Man is a terrible name for a video game. ;) Namco didn't even make Ms. Pac-Man, Midway did behind their backs. It's only part of the Pac-Legacy because it was a fun game, but the name was terrible (though Namco still doesn't like mentioning it in their archives.)

Kudos to the Twisted Pixel guys for a nod to the past, but it's still a bad naming strategy (and would be much funnier if they made up a developer name and treated this like an unauthorized sequel, then I'd be behind the name 100%.)

#111 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Don't know it kind of seems lame..Ms.Splosion man? comeon... 

#112 Posted by hans11 (1 posts) -

Funny name! Is it worth to play??

#113 Posted by Habearu (21 posts) -

There is something to be said for the classics, but this time you get to blow cocky scientists to meaty chunks, with a bow, liked it before will probably like this one too, hopefully there is more to it then just a clone game of the first one but we will have to wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.