Muramasa: The Demon Blade - New Screens & Character Art

• 69 results
#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Character Profiles:

Kisuke: He has lost his memory, an is being chased by his fellow ninja. Apparently he is a traitor, but he can't remember what he did that made them so angry. He feels a strong urge to collect Demon Blades, and throws himself into the midst of this Free-For-All war between those who seek these swords.

Momohime: She is a beautiful princess, but one day she was posessed by a spirit and suddenly ran away from her castle. Her whereabouts are unknown.

Izuna Jinkurou: He is a master of Oboro-Ryuu Kenpou (Dragon-Style Sword Technique), and can wield Demon Blades at will. He tries to possess a certain person using his TamashiiUtsushi (Soul Transfer) Technique, but Momohime gets in the way and he accidentally possesses her.

Kongiku: A BakeGitsune (Demon Fox) who is in love with Jinkurou. Even after he possess Momohime, her love for him does not change.

Yagyuu Yukinojyou: The third oldest son of the Yagyuu Family. He uses Yagyuu-Shin-In-Ryuu MenkyoMinden. He has another side of him that employs ninjas to run some shady businesses.

Sayo: A girl who can use Jintsuuriki (Divine Powers) expertly. She can fly, and call crows to her aid by blowing her conch. She also fights by using a variety of weapons, such as fireworks and seals.

Vanillaware have released a small bundle of new screens and character art for OboroMuramasa: The Demon Blade

Trailer:

#2 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

The enemies are so beautiful I'll almost feel bad slicing them up into little pieces. Or not.

#3 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

See, this is why I play the games I do.  Not a hint of brown saturation anywhere.   The colours are a treat for the eye.  Interest peaked.

#4 Edited by Red (5994 posts) -

Awesome. Makes me miss my Wii, and makes me wanna buy Odin Sphere. Great character designs, with an nice and breezy combat system. What more could you want in a JRPG?

#5 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Red said:
"Awesome. Makes me miss my Wii, and makes me wanna buy Odin Sphere."
And your Wii misses you.  Go and get another one.  It's the right thing to do!

Still haven't played my copy of Odin Sphere.  It's on my massive 'to do' list.
#6 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -
oldschool said:
"Red said:
"Awesome. Makes me miss my Wii, and makes me wanna buy Odin Sphere."
And your Wii misses you.  Go and get another one.  It's the right thing to do!

Still haven't played my copy of Odin Sphere.  It's on my massive 'to do' list.
"
I tell ya what. If I play Odin Sphere and it becomes my favorite game of all time, I'll buy a new Wii.
#7 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Awesome.

#8 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Why the fuck do they have to tease me like this? It's like "look at these awesome screenshots and this beatiful artwork. Too bad you're gonna have to wait til 2010 to play it, European motherfucker..."

#9 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

When did they say it's 2010 for Europe? When is it due for the US? If it's much earlier, we could import...

#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#11 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

:(

#12 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
Al3xand3r said:
"When is it due for the US? If it's much earlier, we could import..."
It's November 2009 for US IIRC. And to import we'd have to mod, and doesn't Nintendo block that with their updates?
#13 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Only software modding, no chips or anything. The Twilight Princess hack still works even though Nintendo try to block it, at least it did last I checked. I haven't done it yet as I don't have an SD card yet though.

#14 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Wasn't Muramasa a fish/sword in Dark Cloud?

#15 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
#16 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Icemael said:
"Al3xand3r said:
It's November 2009 for US IIRC. And to import we'd have to mod, and doesn't Nintendo block that with their updates?
"
Oooh, lucky me.  I have both PAL and NTSC consoles.  This is one of the reasons I imported the extra console, to get games that either don't get a release or take too long, and some cheaper import costs.
#17 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
oldschool said:
"Icemael said:
"Al3xand3r said:
"
Oooh, lucky me.  I have both PAL and NTSC consoles.  This is one of the reasons I imported the extra console, to get games that either don't get a release or take too long, and some cheaper import costs.
"
If only I could afford to buy another Wii...
#18 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Icemael said:
"oldschool said:
"Icemael said:
"Al3xand3r said:
"
"
If only I could afford to buy another Wii...
"
I was lucky that I got it from Canada before the economic meltdown, when our dollar was almost equal to the US and Canadian dollar.  I couldn't justify it now.  It was shipped to my house for $30 less than buying one local.  Oh the good old days :-)
#19 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

A few more screens have surfaced via Famitsu

#20 Edited by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

Absolutely amazing, I cannot wait for this!  Has there been a US or UK release date announced yet?

That horse skeleton thing is all types of epic.

#21 Posted by JCGamer (659 posts) -

Man, this game looks awesome.  I love that some people are trying to pull 2-D back into style (SF IV says HELLO!!!).  Does anyone think that Konami should make the next console version of Castlevania look like this?

#22 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Everyone does. But they won't, so thank God there's the DS because stuff like Order of Ecclesia rock :)

#23 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

A Castlevania in the same vein would be very nice. After the bombing of the last game on Wii, and knowing full well fans were not happy with the game type, Konami may now bring a classic 2D adventure to Wii. I suspect that's what they will do next. 

koji Igarashi will not be happy about the last game, but then he only has himself to blame. Konami have little expertise in 3D fighting games, and it showed. That game did have great art and sound though.

#24 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

IIRC Iga has said that the PS360 Castlevania will be either 2.5D or a Zelda-style game. And about the new screens... son-of-a-motherfucking-bitch.

#25 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

What did he mean by Zelda like? Top down? Or 3D? Cos 3D Castlevania attempts... Eh...

#26 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

That's 3D Zelda-style.

#27 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

The art in this game never fails to amaze me with it's beauty,,,

How awesome?

#28 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

See, you can have ridiculously detailed 2D art even if it's not a HD game. 2D is more restricted by the artists and development schedules than anything else, and it has been this way since years ago imo. These guys are performing miracles with this kind of content amount and this beautiful art and animation. Imagine all the work that goes in a single frame of a single character and then do the math! It's unbelievable.

#29 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
Icemael said:
"son-of-a-motherfucking-bitch."

#30 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Princess Crown is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome. Look at this wyvern fight!

#31 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"Icemael said:
"Icemael said:
"son-of-a-motherfucking-bitch."

"
 I bought a Japanese copy of Princess Crown on the Saturn (65 English pounds), as a way of tiding me over, for a couple of months : / "
Do you know of anything that can help me through the MORE THAN A MOTHERFUCKING YEAR I'll have to wait until I can play this. Fucking shit.
#32 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Al3xand3r said:
"Princess Crown is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome. Look at this wyvern fight!

"

I have to complete MadWorld in hard before I will allow myself play, I think that's a good incentive.

I'm really tempted to start playing now though.

#33 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Holy crap. Those new screens...dang. Beautiful. The most beautiful Wii game yet--even better than Okami.

I guess I'm gonna order Odin Sphere now...
#34 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Whoa there.

#35 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Guess you missed some of the trailers meo, that boss was shown in motion in one of them. It was only a glimpse, but enough for him to throw a punch like that :)

#36 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I hate this game because I almost feel like I'll buy a Wii just to play it...I loved Odin Sphere. Stupid Wii! :P

#37 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1922 posts) -

Wow can't wait for this game to come out.... Wait is it only coming out for the Wii or will it come out on the PS2?

#38 Posted by ThomasP (1655 posts) -
SpinCookie said:
"Absolutely amazing, I cannot wait for this!"

#39 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"Wow can't wait for this game to come out.... Wait is it only coming out for the Wii or will it come out on the PS2?"

It's exclusive to the Wii. Am I right in thinking you don't have one yet?. If so, you have some time to rectify that, as this releases in November in the US,

Spring 2010 in Europe.

#40 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"Wow can't wait for this game to come out.... Wait is it only coming out for the Wii or will it come out on the PS2?"
It's exclusive to the Wii. Am I right in thinking you don't have one yet?. If so, you have some time to rectify that, as this releases in November in the US,  Spring 2010 in Europe."
Rejoice in having an NTSC Wii alongside my PAL.  All I need is a better exchange rate and all is good.
#41 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
oldschool said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
It's exclusive to the Wii. Am I right in thinking you don't have one yet?. If so, you have some time to rectify that, as this releases in November in the US,  Spring 2010 in Europe."
Rejoice in having an NTSC Wii alongside my PAL.  All I need is a better exchange rate and all is good.
"

I do too now Brett, I got a Japanese Wii last summer and have Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and a few Japanese VC games. Still, it will make no difference here. I don't want to have to experience a Japanese text version of this game and lose much of the supposedly engaging story. I may be having to do that with my Japanese copy of Princess Crown above, but that's only because I have no choice but to, That was rare and had to be bought and played. 

I can wait, it may be unbearable but I will hold out.

#42 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"oldschool said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"
I do too now Brett, I got a Japanese Wii last summer and have Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and a few Japanese VC games. Still, it will make no difference here. I don't want to have to experience a Japanese text version of this game and lose much of the supposedly engaging story. I may be having to do that with my Japanese copy of Princess Crown above, but that's only because I have no choice but to, That was rare and had to be bought and played.  I can wait, it may be unbearable but I will hold out."
Ha, I have 2 japanese games and nothing to play them on after the update killed my Freeloader.  My NTSC Wii hasn't been updated, but my Freeloader is for PAL.  Now they don't sell them.  Bummer.  About time they made an update.
#43 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I have got a Japanese Freeloader that I bought off Amazon, it was cheap second hand, so I could get a US copy of this I wanted to, but it is a hassle, and besides, a UK copy will arrive soon after the US. You should keep an eye on the Amazon.com's listings for a US copy, one may turn up at an attractive price second hand.

My Pal machine went the same way : /. I had no choice but to update, I could not afford to miss out of the firmware update which sped up data transfers into SD card, not with my large number of VC games. As well as that, I would miss out on other important features that appealed to me.

I'm really glad I got a Japanese Wii, playing Tatsunoko Vs Capcom alone make me feel it was worth it, do get if you can. Do you like Tasunoko stuff?  I'm playing a friends copy of MadWorld on my Japanese Wii currently, another reason why I'm happy I got one :D

#44 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"I have got a Japanese Freeloader that I bought off Amazon, it was cheap second hand, so I could get a US copy of this I wanted to, but it is a hassle, and besides, a UK copy will arrive soon after the US. You should keep an eye on the Amazon.com's listings for a US copy, one may turn up at an attractive price second hand.
'm really glad I got a Japanese Wii, playing Tatsunoko Vs Capcom alone make me feel it was worth it, do get if you can. Do you like Tasunoko stuff?  I'm playing a friends copy of MadWorld on my Japanese Wii currently, another reason why I'm happy I got one :D"
I thought about trying to find an NTSC freeloader, but have not really given it a good try.

I am not familiar with the Tatsunuko stuff.  I usually try to get anime games mostly.  I was quite keen on the new Haruhi Suzumiya (sp) game, and Captain Rainbow.
#45 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#46 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

I just found a seller on e-bay, in Austria that has the  NTSC freeloader, but shipped to my home would cost 26.50 euro - that is $52 Australian.  That is a bit steep for me.

#47 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

That is expensive, if you wait a bit prices will drop with time. People are desperate to offload them now. Some trade ins don't even take them. I tried to do just that with my pal one.

Try Amazon.com

#48 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"That is expensive, if you wait a bit prices will drop with time. People are desperate to offload them now. Some trade ins don't even take them. I tried to do just that with my pal one.Try Amazon.com"
It says that they don't sip games/software outside the US.  What do you know about Amazon that I most  likely don't?

I found much cheaper versions btw.
#49 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
oldschool said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"That is expensive, if you wait a bit prices will drop with time. People are desperate to offload them now. Some trade ins don't even take them. I tried to do just that with my pal one.Try Amazon.com"
It says that they don't sip games/software outside the US.  What do you know about Amazon that I most  likely don't?

I found much cheaper versions btw.
"

If you go to the used section private sellers will.  That statement of theirs only really applies to certain products from certain vendors, private sellers selling second hand goods are immune to such constraints.

Is it just me or does this dude look like a fat Ninja Turtle, Raphael to be exact.

#50 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1922 posts) -

No i have a Wii but i don't like using the Wii stick because i have nerve damage so i find it hard to get the motions right... Hope that makes sense to you.
I also really don't like the classic controller to much but i do use it play a few games i have for the Wii.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.