Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mutant League Football

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released June 1993

Mutant League Football is a violent and comedic take on the Madden Football formula.

They're doing it! Trying to remake Mutant League Football!!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho
    No Caption Provided

So thumbing around Gamespot I found an article : Mutant League Football returns on Kickstarter

I have played a lot of MLF and this is great news to me, ofcourse its a Kickstarter so it comes with all the stuff you'd expect so here is Kickstarter link

One thing I am not keen on is how their goals are for Xbox live and IOS devices right now, with the hopes of hitting a million dollars before porting to Steam/PC. With Xbone at 2 million and the final goal is PS4 at 3 million.

I would want to pledge but Id only pledge if the PC side was guaranteed (ignoring any financial issues my life may have.)

Somthing I noticed in watching the KS video, they mention they dont have the rights. So instead it is called Mutant Football League with MFL being the shorthand of it.

This make my brain tingle with memories of something along the lines of they originally were going to call it Mutant Football League however legal reasons from NFL caused it to be changed to MLF or was that just a safe move?

Since its MFL and they are using a similar logo to NFL I have to wonder and maybe even fear the NFL coming in and start stomping lawyers boots all over the project just because of the name....then secondly EA doing it. As EA owns Mutant League Football but not Mutant Football league, will they attempted to argue the point of "confusion of brand" or more so go the full hog and say its a rip off of their game (when the creator of MLF is the one making MFL.)

Something tells me this is not the last news we hear of the his Kickstarter and I don't mean about it being funded.

StilI I am excited about it all I ask is to hear that chuckle of Ace Bricka.....

Edit: I found this article from Kotaku, What is MLF doing in my NFL!?

Its Kotaku and I know some of you don't like clicking their links so let me recompile it.

Dude completes NFL Blitz on the PS3 unlocking a full zombie team with the Mutant League logo (picture below) and he makes this article on the date of 1/18/2012. Then goes into a talk to himself moment about it all and rumore milling like Kotaku does. However this does give pause for thought that someone at EA had not forgotten about MLF and might be in the middle of making a Triple A version for EA. In which case the nice leather shoes of EA's lawyers might just be stomping up to MFL HQ.

No Caption Provided

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

This is LITERALLY the greatest news I've heard in the last decade. How I have begged and pleaded and prayed to totally not-real gods for this day to come!

INSTANT SUPPORT GIVEN! Fuck, I am so goddamn stoked.

Also, Mendheim TOTALLY name-dropped @jeff's nomination for Best Sports Game of the Year in that Kickstarter campaign. = D

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I'm excited to see this being brought back in some form. I can only hope they'll do something similar for Mutant League Hockey.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

An interesting development indeed!

Funny thing. If you go back to that 2012 Kotaku article, you might see that one of the main comments is actually from me. And... let's just say things did not go as planned. ha. Though, hey, that's game development for you. To my knowledge, what I was being coy about then is not a thing now; so, hopefully these fine folks will not have any significant pressure to back off of the property. I wouldn't dare to predict what a big developer's legal team might ever do though; so, that's certainly something to cross your fingers on.

I really hope they can make this happen where others may have fallen short. :)

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want it to be good but my hopes are guarded to put it lightly. I thinkI liked mutant league hockey better but it's been so long I don't remember. They just need to make Mutant League Olympics and do a compilation.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@citizencoffeecake: @mightyduck:

Hey if MFL is funded and its a success, I doubt they could do a yearly MFL so a Mutant Hockey League could be in the books.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes yes and YESSS!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.