Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MX vs. ATV: Reflex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 01, 2009

The MX vs. ATV series returns with new gameplay additions such as terrain deformation, dual stick control, a revamped trick system, and a wreck avoidance system.

Demo impressions

wavegoodbye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wavegoodbye

Who's played the demo so far? I had the whole weekend to play it and i've got this game DOWN now. :) I'll admit it took me awhile to get the hang of the controls, but after maybe 45 minutes or an hour, I figured it out. It was all about getting good at it after that. I seemed to have an easier time with the ATVs but the bikes are still my favorite. The trick system is awesome (it's a lot like the Tony Hawk games). I love getting some big air and busting out 2 or 3 tricks if I can. 

Overall, if you can learn to understand and respect the time it takes to learn this, you'll see it's actually a very good game, unique and different from other games in the same genre. I'm pretty hyped for the full game release now! December 1st can't come faster :)

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

I really like the improvements. I was never really into the series before, but it did deliver some nice screw-around fun. The dual stick control seems like it should have come years ago and I also like the track wear. But the trick system does indeed feel too Tony Hawk when it needs to feel more Skate-ish. I'm not into the genre enough to buy the game for full price, but I would totally get a co-op capable downloadable version of the game with one large sandbox map and few or no races for $15. Publishers should start offering something between a demo and a full game and price it accordingly.

I just want them to make a Wave Race style PWC game in the engine.

Oh, one thing about the dual stick controls while the rider is in the air; the left Y axis should control the push and pull of the rider's hands/shoulders (like the X axis manipulates them turning the handlebars) while the right Y axis should only control the push and pull of his feet/rear, instead of the left doing neither and right doing both. The reason I say this is because I have trouble adjusting my pitch and it seems like it would benefit from more than the rider moving just his ass up and down.

wavegoodbye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wavegoodbye

I never played skate so i'm not too familiar with the trick controls there. I like the idea of a scaled down version of the game for download. A lot of other games should take that into consideration too. 

I like your idea too for trick system controls. Problem is, i've seen a bunch of people online complain enough about getting the riding controls. Adding 2 sticks to the trick control would probably just end up pissing them off even more. lol Maybe as an additional option it'd be cool

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.