MX vs ATV Reflex Review

#1 Posted by wavegoodbye (285 posts) -

XBOX Addict has a pretty good review of Reflex:
Reflex review

that's a really great review. I'm glad they gave more info especially on the courses and the online. Only one more week to go. I'm just about more excited than ever! lol

#2 Posted by wavegoodbye (285 posts) -

There are 2 more reviews up if anyone's itnerested:

Play Magazine - 9.5
Game Focus - 9.2

The end of Play's review is awesome. It's got me so excited over this even more!
 Though its innovations would be more than enough to retire your copy of Untamed or Unleashed, Reflex isn’t just about new technology. Visually it’s twice the game, with more spectators; more authenticity in the starting area, infield, and pits; far better foliage and textures, and attention to detail that goes above and beyond considering the leaps it takes. Even the trophy girls look good. Like all of Rainbow’s games however, it’s about the sights, sounds and especially the thrill of motocross racing first, which just so happens to be all about rhythm. A great motocross course, and these are the best there have ever been, is designed in such a way that underneath what appears to be a sadistically arranged series of obstacles designed to bring you pain lies a series of lovingly arranged opportunities designed to launch you smoothly over the next and make you feel really, really happy. And isn’t that what video games are all about?

#3 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Wow.... those are some high reviews. Kinda strange how those came a week before any others are are still the only ones on Metacritic. I wonder if the trend will change once the rest come out.

#4 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

hmm, might have to check it out.

#5 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Now there are seven reviews and the metascore has averaged to 90 with the lowest score at 84. Still pretty impressive.

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Awesome. I'll be getting this for my brother for Christmas.

#7 Posted by wavegoodbye (285 posts) -

the Game Informer score brought it down, but aside from that, on average it's still getting very good ratings.

As someone who's already logged a few hours in the game, it's definitely a lot of fun and worth of those 90-range scores. gonna be playing this a lot.

#8 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Lame how one shitty review can throw off a score
*cough* giantbomb-BOGT *cough*

#9 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@MrKlorox: Dude, as much as I love GTAIV, I kind of feel Giantbomb was right about Gay Tony. It really let me down.
#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: To each his own. I felt that GTA4 was a letdown up until the DLCs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.