Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Myst

Franchise »

Enter a world where books come to life, where merely touching a page can transport you to new and interesting worlds.

Are ANY of these games playable on console?

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Really tired of sitting my my PC desk and I want to play Myst, and I assume no Myst games have controller support on PC, so I think I'm interested in attempting to play, say Myst III: Exile on Xbox. Honestly, I can imaging that they're awful to play with a controller, maybe there's an off chance that it's playable?

Don't tell me to make a standing desk instead. Not an option.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Well, a few of them were released on consoles, so yes?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Is connecting your computer up to a TV not an option?

Also, apparently the original is available on PS3...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@galacticgravy: I played Myst III on PS2 actually and beat it there.

It was ok, the controls were far less irritating than I expected. Definitely playable. But it does lose something. It's hard to explain.

Myst III also wasn't very good imo compared to the original Myst, so it's hard to know what really bothered me.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5 fisk0  Moderator

I think the console versions mainly had extreme load time issues, there aren't a lot of timing based puzzles, so the gamepad thing isn't that much of an issue, but I can see that when they are so much about exploring a place, having every move result in a long load could get really annoying, especially if you know where you are going and just have to get there.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By monetarydread

I used to own Myst and Riven on the PSX back in the day. I do not know if you can pick them up on PSN, but they do exist.

Edit: They are available on PSN right now.

Edit 2: realMyst (the 3D remake of the original) is also available for iOS devices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.