Anyone planning on getting this?

#1 Posted by Giuseppe (129 posts) -

??? I am. I just need a whole new computer.
#2 Posted by gpbmike (864 posts) -

I plan on getting it. Will probably pre-order on steam sometime soon.

#3 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

My bro loves these games so I'll buy it for his b-day and give it to him, so I'll effectively get to paly it.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -

I think it was Rome : Total War that I tried and love. Will try this one out for sure

#5 Posted by Gazel_Ministry (125 posts) -

I'm gonna wait and see. Empire:Total War was a crashfest for me. I just last week gave up on the game. Nothing more frustrating than spending 25 minutes on a battle only to have the game crash at the very end before you have a chance to save. Rome:Total War is a masterpiece, so I'll give Creative Assembly the benefit of the doubt. 

#6 Edited by MrPickles (140 posts) -

Creative Assembly tends to release pretty solid Strategy titles, especially the Total War series and this one looks to be no exception. I just need to somehow magically sprout a new computer that is able to play this.

#7 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Umm... dope? I don't really play PC games, but Rome: Total War always interested me. Now they're making a Napoleon game? That is just too awesome. I'd like to play it.

#8 Posted by Phished0ne (2533 posts) -

This game looks SUH-WEEETT! 

now i can finally sit behind my computer and wear that napoleon hat....and people might  not think i was insane.

#9 Posted by Phantom_Crash (300 posts) -

I have not had any troubles with Empire at all. Maybe I'm just lucky. I pre-ordered from a local store, saves me downloading it off steam, plus Ill get it almost at cost.

#10 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -

I might get it, is it true though that it lacks a "real" grand campaign, and instead only more scripted missions?

#11 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -

My  PC can't even run Empires, so Napoleon is gonna have to wait.

#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

It looks like it could be a good game but I'm still not overly interested in it.

#13 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -
@Turambar: I read that Napoleon run's better than Empire though, so maybe you should give it a shot (hope for a demo)
#14 Edited by Jeust (10823 posts) -

Nope, as i have the other Total War games, starting of Shogun, and still haven't played the whole lot of them. 

#15 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

The fact that it doesn't have Grand Campaigns means "no" for me.

Which sucks, I'd really love to play it (the new weather and terrain stuff looks awesome), but I hate the scripted campaigns.

#16 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@Ultimadark said:
" @Turambar: I read that Napoleon run's better than Empire though, so maybe you should give it a shot (hope for a demo) "
Oh, make no mistake, I intend on getting both.  College student loans is just eating up my pay checks at the moment, so I don't really have the disposable income to upgrade the PC.
#17 Posted by Seraphim2150 (325 posts) -

I've got mine on preoder, and thanks to game reward points the special edition is around £12.99 for me.

I've read that the European campaign is basically this game's grand campaign with the bare minium of scripted events

#18 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

I am not.

#19 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@Jeust: The overarching title is Total War, not Empire.  I know I'm being nitpicky, but it still bugs me.
#20 Posted by Grilledcheez (3956 posts) -

I'll probably get it eventually once I get a new computer.

#21 Posted by Jeust (10823 posts) -
@Turambar said:
" @Jeust: The overarching title is Total War, not Empire.  I know I'm being nitpicky, but it still bugs me. "
Yep, sorry.. i meant Total War. 
#22 Posted by Sinatra (213 posts) -

I do not see myself purchasing this game, it just does not appeal to me at the moment. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.