I suck at playing online can anyone give me any Tips

#1 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I'm coming straight out with this and saying I suck.Can anyone who's like the shit at this game give me any advice or strategies.I usually don't care for the online for this game.But after I got my ass kicked playing this game at a anime convention center.I want redemption I felt so disrespected after the defeat.You guys can crack jokes at me if you want,but for the guys kind enough to give me advice I'm thankful.

#2 Posted by michaelsuen (83 posts) -

The main thing that I suck at are the substitution jutsus...  Not sure what the timing's like...

#3 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -
@buttpork: I had trouble with that too at first.I found out that once an opponent attack first .You can dodge there attacks easier.I kept wondering when I was playing online.Why the other player would let me attack first.But then I found out it was easier to counter attacks.
#4 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -

Didn't you already make this thread?

#5 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos: It was an accident my computer froze on me.The next thing I know there was a double post of my topic.
#6 Edited by big_jon (5782 posts) -

I think that you either have it or you don`t in most cases 

I am pretty good at most games online and off especially FPS games but I think it is a "skill"  that I have obtained from the many other games that I have played over the years.
#7 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1336 posts) -

hit a and x 

ALOT

#8 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -
@big_jon: I'm usually good at the online games I play too.But naruto for some reason,I can't get into as much like other fighting games.I can play tekken 6 and kick ass with raven.But for ultimate ninja storm 2 I end up getting my ass kicked.I wish the combat was more in depth in this game.I probably would have like it more and got more involved playing this online. 
#9 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I never played a Naruto game before. If it's a fighting game then a lot of offline practice will help. Put it on the hardest difficulty and go at it. 

#10 Posted by michaelsuen (83 posts) -

Just figured out the system...  I kept pressing the RT in between punches...  Don't know...that's how it worked in one of my past Gamecube Naruto games... :)

#11 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -

Play Sasori, hold block.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.