cod3r's Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (Xbox 360) review

A different point of view.

When it comes to anime games, there are two kind of reviews you can see. A review done by a hardcore fan, who will, without doubt give the game a perfect score, or by a complete newbie who just stumbled across the game. I'll try to keep this review in the middle, so, people on ''both sides'' can understand.

Let's say, you're familiar with the series. It's a good show, filled with emotions, often not-needed episodes, and some fiery battles. You know a game is amazing, when you can just beat the game, and not have to watch the show. In approx. 15h this game lasts, you literally walk though, what, 100 episodes? Something like that.  The ''Adventure Mode'' is, for the most part, brilliant. And I've played all the games, on all animes. Sadly, it's a very rare scenario that the developing studio loves the game they're creating so much, that they literally pour their heart and soul in each and every single second creating it.

I'm not going to go into each and every single part of the game. That's boring, right?

The Good

• This is, to date, the best video game based on an anime.
  • You don't have to be familiar with the series to enjoy the game.
  • Brilliant graphics. (even on a CRT monitor)
  • Gigantic boss clashes that makes you cry due to the awesomeness.
  • Both english and japanese voices.
  • Great fighting system.

The Bad

• Unlike the Naruto games before it, Ninja Storm 2 is not open-world. At first, the new system for covering ground will look bad, but after a few hours, you'll get used to it.
  • Small missions that make you go from point A to point B sometime ruins the flow.

The Awesome

• I'm 8 hours in. And I honestly can't put the controller down. And I honestly don't like Naruto that much. The game does have flaws, be sure of that, but what game doesn't?

In a nutshell, this is the best Naruto game that ever came out. But it does take some time to get used to the changes CyberConnect 2 implemented. Once you're past that point, you'll get hooked.