Danzo the new everyone plays because cheap character?

#1 Posted by Generic_Ninja (131 posts) -

Played just about 45 matches now and I'd say atleast 30 of them were just Danzo's, His Air Style Spliter shit is just stupid and if he gets into Awakening mode its just spam range attacks all day.

#2 Posted by JonSmith (171 posts) -

So Danzo is the new Deidara? Great...

#3 Edited by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

...... >.>

#4 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

please tell me this game doesn't have a significant balancing problem.

#5 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4731 posts) -

I need to pick this game up...

Also, fuck. I hate Danzo.

#6 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

This probably isn't any different than when SF4 came out and 90% of people were playing as Ken. Over time, strategies will be devised, weaknesses will be found and things will even out... assuming the game isn't jank (which is assuming a lot for these games). Having said that, there should be at least one tester for online games whose sole role is to be "internet jackass" and his purpose is to try and beat other testers using only one attack the whole round. If he can beat enough people or make matches close, then that move gets modified.

#7 Posted by Generic_Ninja (131 posts) -

Danzo's main jutsu can go across the map and break any jutsu or chakara dash of any sort, his awakening form is basically the same thing just that his basic combo's now have a ranged portion to them, with Deidara he had short combo's but a shit load of ranged attacks, with danzo he has good combo's and a Long Range wide spread jutsu (The hit box on the Air spliter is incredibly stupid) that also sends you all the way across the screen making you have to dash forward again or just keep moving to the left or right, I know that people eventually just either pass it by your get left behind but for any newcomer and wants to try this online is going to be hard pressed to get anywhere without finding someone you can seriously practice with.

#8 Edited by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

@Generic_Ninja said:

Danzo's main jutsu can go across the map and break any jutsu or chakara dash of any sort, his awakening form is basically the same thing just that his basic combo's now have a ranged portion to them, with Deidara he had short combo's but a shit load of ranged attacks, with danzo he has good combo's and a Long Range wide spread jutsu (The hit box on the Air spliter is incredibly stupid) that also sends you all the way across the screen making you have to dash forward again or just keep moving to the left or right, I know that people eventually just either pass it by your get left behind but for any newcomer and wants to try this online is going to be hard pressed to get anywhere without finding someone you can seriously practice with.

Question, from the demo it looked like they changed the substitution system. Is it enough to counter Danzo's range?

#9 Posted by Generic_Ninja (131 posts) -

@kashif1: The problem is that you do only have a limited amount of times that you can substitute before you can't for a while until the bar refills, the problem with Danzo is that he can keep you across the map even when you substitute as you will just substitute over the jutsu instead of appearing behind him, this leads to alot of times where they will actually just wait out the time limit (if your not dead already) so unfortunatly substituting can only work till a certain point, especially if theirs any delay or lag on your end you have very slim chance of winning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.