Chris Evans could play Nathan Drake

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

This just hit me. The guy has played a Nathan Drake-y character in some of his movies, he looks a little bit like him and he's starting to be really popular. I think he'd be a good choice. Sony would satisfy fans by casting a good actor for the role, and they'd have the star-power to attract a mass audience. It's true that Nathan Fillion is Nathan Drake, but there's just one thing that would prevent me from hiring the guy if I was producing the movie: he's too old for the part. Sure, he looks attractive and doesn't have grey hair yet, but what if Sony wants to do multiple films? What happens in 6 or 7 years, when he'll be 50 years old?

That's why my wish list has only two dudes now: either Chris Evans or Bradley Cooper. I think both would make a terrific Nathan Drake.

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

For reasons unknown, I really dislike Chris Evans. I only enjoyed Captain America by pretending that it wasn't Chris Evans.

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Chris Evans is tied to be Captain America for 9 movies. He is going to be busy.

Also Bradley Cooper can work.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I hate the very idea of an Uncharted movie or any video game movie for that matter. Luckily most video game movies haven't done too well so Hollywood can stick to doing remakes and super hero movies.

#5 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Fuck your opinion

#6 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Why get someone in great shape with great timing who's really hot right now at the box office when you can get the bloated cornball low ratings cable star Fillion?

#7 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

@Dany said:

9 movies.

9 movies?!

#8 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

I hate the very idea of an Uncharted movie or any video game movie for that matter. Luckily most video game movies haven't done too well so Hollywood can stick to doing remakes and super hero movies.

Ditto.

#9 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

My brothers name is Chris Evans.

#10 Posted by Xolare (1285 posts) -
@Rockanomics said:

@Dany said:

9 movies.

9 movies?!

Captain America 
The Avengers Movie 
Captain America 2: America 
Captain America 3: Hitler Strikes Back 
Captain America 4: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 
The Captain America 
The Captain America Vs. Comrade Russia 
Captain America: Reloaded 
Captain America: Resurrection
#11 Posted by Lukeweizer (2770 posts) -

@Xolare said:

@Rockanomics said:

@Dany said:

9 movies.

9 movies?!

Captain America The Avengers Movie Captain America 2: America Captain America 3: Hitler Strikes Back Captain America 4: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder The Captain America The Captain America Vs. Comrade Russia Captain America: Reloaded Captain America: Resurrection

Captain America: The Captain America-ing

#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Rockanomics said:

@Dany said:

9 movies.

9 movies?!

3 captain america movies, 3 avengers films and cameo and small roles in thor and iron man films...

#13 Posted by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

I think some of you are too quick to dismiss him.

#14 Posted by probablytuna (3829 posts) -

I just can't see Chris Evans as Nathan Drake, or any other actor for that matter. Except of course the obvious Nathan Fillion, but yeah I agree he is too old for the part now.

#15 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
Why get someone in great shape with great timing who's really hot right now at the box office when you can get the bloated cornball low ratings cable star Fillion?
The ratings for 'Castle' are pretty damn solid.
#16 Posted by N7 (3677 posts) -

I'd rather see Nolan North.

He's not as old and he IS Nathan Drake.

#17 Posted by Spoonman671 (4776 posts) -

Sorry, but I have to veto this choice.  Of course, I also vetoed the whole idea of an Uncharted movie, so I guess my vetoes don't actually count for much.

#18 Posted by hoossy (939 posts) -

Just make a cgi movie so North can continue to voice him.... I'd watch it. 

#19 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

My choice is Michael Cera, if he can be Halo, then he can be Nathan Drake.

#20 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

That could actually work.  
Included for relevance: 

#21 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

He can but for some reason he seems to me like one of the biggest douchebags in the world so I'd rather he won't.

#22 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

He can but for some reason he seems to me like one of the biggest douchebags in the world so I'd rather he won't.

Really?

I really like him, do you guys just hate him because he looks too clean? 

He always comes off as kind of a dork to me.
#23 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -

All this talk about uncharted just reminded me how much i want there to be a third National Treasure movie.

But on Topic how about Chris Klein? :D

Sure he's not very good but maybe he'll pull off something close to his Mumma-mia audition!!

#24 Posted by tranquilchaos (576 posts) -

Bradley Cooper...

#25 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

He's okay, but for the love of God, Bradley Cooper could never ever play Nathan Drake! Ever! One: he looks like Flynn. Two: he isn't that funny. Three: there's already a perfect actor. 

#26 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

David Hayter should be cast as Nathan Drake. Wouldn't that be something??

#27 Posted by chrismafuchris (1080 posts) -

Why does there have to be an Uncharted movie? Why can't Hollywood just make its own stories.

#28 Posted by project343 (2838 posts) -

I love Chris Evans. So I fully endorse this.

#29 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@chrismafuchris: Uncharted isn't exactly an original story...

Its amazing, yes, but still

#30 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -
@chrismafuchris: Because that requires too much effort. And good writers.
#31 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Chris Evans is way too brolic now to play Nathan Drake and he's gonna have to stay that way for Captain America. I read an interview with him about his regime to stay Cap-riffic and I can't imagine him yo-yoing that to play Drake.

But yeah, he was awesome as Lucas Lee. Hell, Brandon Routh's Todd was gajillionty times more badass than his Superman too.

#32 Edited by Jazzycola (658 posts) -

Nah I'm good with no Uncharted movie. Plus I can't stand Chris Evans as an actor. There are very few movies hes been in that I can honestly say I enjoyed. Only one comes to mind is Sunshine but even then he wasn't the main reason why I really enjoyed that movie. His bad movies(F4 1 and 2, Perfect Score, Street Kings, The Losers etc) way outnumber his good movies(Sunshine and Captain America?). I can't speak on him in Captain America because I haven't seen it.

#33 Posted by SkylarTrace (118 posts) -
@N7 said:

Agreed plus they both look a bit similar.
#34 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
Fuck your opinion
and that's why I love you
#35 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

Chris Evans always seems a little too hard-edged for a charismatic character like ol' half-tuck. There are definitely worse picks though.

#36 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Chris Evans is awesome so I'd prefer it if he stayed away from video game movies.

#37 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

Dear Hollywood,

Please don't make this film.

Yours etc.

#38 Posted by Solh0und (1852 posts) -
@N7 said:

This.
#39 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Chris Evans is rad. I'm sure he could do Nathan Drake. At this point I'd rather that movie just not get made though. Not that I wont go see it when it does come out.

#41 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

How about just not making an Uncharted movie?

#42 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

Anyone is better than Mark Wahlberg.

#43 Posted by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

I kinda hope the new director comes out and says "The one decision that Russel made that we were quite pleased with and decided to keep was the decision to cast Mark Wahlberg as Drake"

Then the whole ordeal will reset and I'll get to watch everyone lose their shit all over again :)

#44 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

Nolan North has made Nathan Drake his own, I doubt anyone else could play him well enough, it's why I couldn't be less excited for the Uncharted movie (if it ever happens)

#45 Posted by SefaRed (123 posts) -

Not sure about Drake, but I'd like to see Chris Evans as Jack Reacher. Mark Whalberg would be bad as Drake, he has zero charisma. I think Bradley Cooper would be a good choice, he'd never occured to me before I read this thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.