Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naughty Bear

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Naughty Bear is a third-person action game about a psychotic teddy bear that preys on the innocent inhabitants of an island because he was not invited to a birthday party.

Wow! game is so broke

Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killa_Jo

I mean i love this game, idk why it got such terrible reviews.  Sure it can be boring at times but the extra challenges make up for it. But thats off topic, i had finally did Top Hats on the second chapter and got a platinum award on it and right before i went to go to my house the game froze. It also randomly frezes at the main menu and loading screens. Any one else have the problem?

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Killa_Jo:
    Duder same happened to me at the end of the third level of the first chapter. Had gotten a gold trophy and walked over back to the door that leads to the shack and the game froze. Pissed me off but its still a pretty good game got a good sense of humor.
    zkrizt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zkrizt

Yup, you also can't pause the game on the zombie level or the game will freeze.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FirePrince
    @Killa_Jo said:
    "I mean i love this game, idk why it got such terrible reviews.  Sure it can be boring at times but the extra challenges make up for it. But thats off topic, i had finally did Top Hats on the second chapter and got a platinum award on it and right before i went to go to my house the game froze. It also randomly frezes at the main menu and loading screens. Any one else have the problem? "

Yes. 
    Also,you can win very easly and get gold at all of the levels by exploiting the game. 
    Kill everybody.Leave one bear to phone for help.Kill the help.Rinse and repeat.A friend of mine did this,and thou it is not the way it is intended to be played(scaring them for points,traps,sabotages etc.) it works way too good.
    Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Colin

Wait your telling us the game is broke yet you don't understand why it got bad reviews?
    apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By apertura

Well, then why doesn't it get a job?

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#7  Edited By Jazz

People actually bought the game? 
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FrankWeidner

I can take games home for free at my job, and I grabbed this one because of the "fuck it, it's free" mentality.  

I don't think I've ever turned off a game quicker. As soon as I realized the game's "lock on" was warping Naughty to whoever was near you when you pressed attack, that thing was back in the box. 

And, on a mildly related note, Ninety-Nine Nights 2 is terrible. Not as bad as Naughty Bear, but pretty god-awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I want to see a quick look of this game.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FunExplosions
    @zudthespud said:
    " I want to see a quick look of this game. "
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By C0V3RT
    @Cchrist said:

" Yup, you also can't pause the game on the zombie level or the game will freeze. "

The game glitches out for me on the final portion of the zombie level.  No Zombie bears or regular bears and when I pause the game, it locks up.  It also says I already completed all the objectives (it just carries over from the previous section) and never populates my new ones. 

Edit: Nevermind - it seems as if this was just occuring when I was using my downloaded Freddy Kruger themed bear I got for preordering through Amazon.
    Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killa_Jo
    @Colin:  pretty much, aside from it freezing and it camera angles its great.

@Jazz:
    rented, if you havent rented it and wanted to play it do it for sure, its a great game to play for about a day
    eillothebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By eillothebadger

I concur on the freezing, but it means i can swap it out for another one at blockbuster.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
    @apertura said:
    " Well, then why doesn't it get a job? "
    HAH!
    tayruh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tayruh
    @Killa_Jo said:
    " I mean i love this game, idk why it got such terrible reviews.  Sure it can be boring at times but the extra challenges make up for it. But thats off topic, i had finally did Top Hats on the second chapter and got a platinum award on it and right before i went to go to my house the game froze. It also randomly frezes at the main menu and loading screens. Any one else have the problem? "
    Just out of curiousity, which version do you have? I have the 360 version and I installed it to the HDD and I haven't had many issues. I've put at least 5 hours into the game and I've only had it freeze once, and it was while trying to load the main menu after having completed a level. 

I almost got the PS3 version but thankfully remembered at the last minute that the demo of WET (the other game from A2M) ran a ton better on 360 than it did on PS3 which is why I ended up nabbing the 360 version of that. I'm assuming they're probably reusing the WET engine for Naughty Bear since that's what most devs do.
    habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By habster3
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    @zudthespud said:
    "

I don't get what you're trying to say; can you make it a little clearer? 

@Jazz
    said:
    "... People actually bought the game? daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. "

This 
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ttocs

So far, everything I've heard has been negative.  It's kind of sad because it had the possibility of being one heck of an IP.  Kind of like Conker was back in the N64 days.  This game and the dev's wasted so much potential.  I might rent it, or pick it up when it goes down to 20 bucks in a month, but that first day purchase I was going to do went away really quick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.