Jak 4 or Uncharted 2? What should Naughty Dog make next?

• 63 results
#1 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of both, but I'd have to say Jak because I really want to see what they do with the franchise on PS3.

#2 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Jak 4 FTW

#3 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

I'm a massive Jak fan so my first reaction would be Jak 4, but I also enjoyed Uncharted so I'd be happy with either. Maybe they could do a similar thing to Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty and have the new game downloadable.

#4 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Neither, they should ditch those two and finally make a Crash game worth playing again.

#5 Posted by Mushir (2388 posts) -

I think I remember them saying that Jak 3 was the last game they were gonna make. Except from the Jak driving...

#6 Posted by blu_magnet (258 posts) -

Hopefully uncharted 2 comes out first then Jak 4 soon after. I just wanna see what improvements they can make to Uncharted

#7 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

Hope they go with Uncharted 2.

#8 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

Hope they go with Uncharted 2.

#9 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Otacon said:
"I'm a massive Jak fan so my first reaction would be Jak 4, but I also enjoyed Uncharted so I'd be happy with either. Maybe they could do a similar thing to Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty and have the new game downloadable."
Yeah, that would be cool. I think more developers should start doing that.
#10 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

I'd go for Jak 4. I loved the Jak games. But if I'm really honest I want them to buy back the rights to crash bandicoot and do a new crash game. The Naughty dog Crash games were brilliant. Its never going to happen, but I can dream can't I?

#11 Posted by magnificentbastard (42 posts) -

Jak 4.  It's always been one of my favorite series and it would look awesome on the PS3

#12 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

Personally, I would like Uncharted 2. I've strayed too much from the Jak series after the first game, so I probably wouldn't play a new one. A new Uncharted however, that I will play!

#13 Posted by h83r (464 posts) -
Thomas said:
"Neither, they should ditch those two and finally make a Crash game worth playing again.
"

This man speaks the truth.

#14 Posted by ppallo (72 posts) -

JAK for life uncharted good but compared to JAK SHIT!  JAAAAAK give me JAAAAAK

so you know whatever jak maybe

#15 Posted by wizzardjeff (172 posts) -

jak 4

#16 Posted by AuthenticM (3672 posts) -

Uncharted 2 hands down.

#17 Posted by Aaron_G (1603 posts) -

I would like to see another Jak game.

#18 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I am a huge Jak and Daxter fan and really want a sequel. Jak IV would be some of the greatest news ever, but I am pretty sure that they have already said they are working on Uncharted 2. I enjoyed Uncharted for it's story, but the shooting needs some work and it needs more Exploding Barrels...just like every song needs more cowbell!

#19 Posted by Broman6015 (64 posts) -

I'd rather have Uncharted 2

#20 Posted by Philanthropy (140 posts) -

Jak and Daxter

#21 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

Saying Uncharted needs more exploding barrels is like saying that Heath Ledger needs more drugs.

Just kidding!

And did you see that they got Christian Bale for assaulting his mother and sister?

#22 Posted by MoldOnHold (627 posts) -

Jak and Daxter is one my favorite game franchises of all time. They NEED to make a Jak 4.

#23 Posted by videogameman (45 posts) -
AndrewGaspar said:
"Saying Uncharted needs more exploding barrels is like saying that Heath Ledger needs more drugs.

Just kidding!

And did you see that they got Christian Bale for assaulting his mother and sister?

"

I know! I hope this doesn't affect production for the next batman movie. oh, and I hope they make a Jak 4.
#24 Posted by skynidas (26 posts) -

Jak

#25 Posted by MoldOnHold (627 posts) -
Thomas said:
"Neither, they should ditch those two and finally make a Crash game worth playing again.
"
Meh Crash..... not a fan.
#26 Posted by StargamerX (89 posts) -

Jak and Daxter!  Come on Naughty Dog, the suspense is killing me!

#27 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -

Uncharted 2!

#28 Posted by verybadbeetle (43 posts) -

How about episodic Jak and Daxter, similiar to R&C: Quest for Booty, and a full blown Uncharted 2 game. I think episodes could work with a Jak and Daxter story.

#29 Posted by the9 (95 posts) -
verybadbeetle said:
"How about episodic Jak and Daxter, similiar to R&C: Quest for Booty, and a full blown Uncharted 2 game. I think episodes could work with a Jak and Daxter story.
"
Episodic Jak and Daxter would be the shit. Here's an idea why not reboot the franchise the way Prince of Persia is doing. Same Characters just different upbringing.
#30 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2353 posts) -

If they announced Jax 4 I would shit bricks so ya Jax 4.

#31 Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -

Jak IV definitely, it was a pinnacle franchise for me growing up as a gamer and I absolutely loved the characters in the series.

#32 Posted by Valkyr (667 posts) -

Jack 4, Uncharted 2 and a new IP, Naughty Dog is one of the best second party devs, Uncharted is awesome

#33 Posted by drewm135 (215 posts) -
Really tough deccision, but Jak 4
#34 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Jak IV (not lost frontier), announced at Leipzig which is just a week away, probably only a teaser trailer, but still. You can bet me on it.

#35 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I'd like to see Uncharted 2, or both + a new and good Crash game if I had my way

#36 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
the9 said:
"verybadbeetle said:
"How about episodic Jak and Daxter, similiar to R&C: Quest for Booty, and a full blown Uncharted 2 game. I think episodes could work with a Jak and Daxter story.
"
Episodic Jak and Daxter would be the shit. Here's an idea why not reboot the franchise the way Prince of Persia is doing. Same Characters just different upbringing."
That actually would be really cool. I like that idea.
#37 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Valkyr said:
"Jack 4, Uncharted 2 and a new IP, Naughty Dog is one of the best second party devs, Uncharted is awesome"
Naughty Dog is a first party developer. Sony owns them.
#38 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
AndrewGaspar said:
"the9 said:
"verybadbeetle said:
"
Episodic Jak and Daxter would be the shit. Here's an idea why not reboot the franchise the way Prince of Persia is doing. Same Characters just different upbringing."
That actually would be really cool. I like that idea."
I would actually really, really hate that. :(
#39 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Sentry said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"the9 said:
"verybadbeetle said:
"
I would actually really, really hate that. :("
Hm... why? I think the way modern storytelling in video games has evolved and become more complex, it would do good for the series.
#40 Posted by Dakota (248 posts) -
Twilight said:
"I think I remember them saying that Jak 3 was the last game they were gonna make. Except from the Jak driving..."
They recently stated that there will be more Jak in the future! Personally I am psyched for the next one.
#41 Posted by Anastacio (18 posts) -

I really want to see a Jak game based upon the first installment. Though, Naughty Dog should look to perfect the Uncharted formular and balance the elements before going back to the other franchise maybe.

#42 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Jak IV (not lost frontier), announced at Leipzig which is just a week away, probably only a teaser trailer, but still. You can bet me on it."
Eh... I doubt it. I bet Naughty Dog will be there, but it will probably be Uncharted 2. They've said that they ARE working on new Uncharted and that they're pretty much only thinking about a new Jak.
#43 Posted by Damonation (556 posts) -

Definitely Jak, Uncharted was overrated.

#44 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
AndrewGaspar said:
"Sentry said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"the9 said:
"verybadbeetle said:
"
Hm... why? I think the way modern storytelling in video games has evolved and become more complex, it would do good for the series."
Because it would mean more gaps, what ND does is a story per title, not episodic stuff.

Damonation said:
"Definitely Jak, Uncharted was overrated."
Are you kidding me? Obviously you haven't even played Uncharted if you think it's overrated. Way underrated.
#45 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Sentry said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"Sentry said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"the9 said:
"verybadbeetle said:
"
Hm... why? I think the way modern storytelling in video games has evolved and become more complex, it would do good for the series."
Because it would mean more gaps, what ND does is a story per title, not episodic stuff."
No, I meant rebooting the series would be awesome.
#46 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

Both would be cool but I would really love to see a Jak 4, its been too long since 3.

#47 Posted by ILOVETHEENOT (234 posts) -

uncharted would be prefurred

#48 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

I don't think rebooting the series is on the cards. I would however love to see a Jak game much like TPL in style again, but I can't see how that is possible.

#49 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -

Jak. I stopped playing that franchise after number one, but I'd love to get back into it.

#50 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

Jak 4 is the msot kickass thing possible

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.