Naughty Dog going into Space? (Update more teasing)

#1 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

Ok this is maybe a bit of a stretch but since Naughty dog also teased the Last of Us in Uncharted 3 it maybe possible XD

Looks like Naughty Dogs employees are geting a Space X tour right now. An Artist just tweeted this:

And now lets remember what people found in the Last of Us:

Could this be their next big next gen Project? I must say I am very excited after 1313 was sadly canceled I really wanted such a great space game maybe with space exploration more open world like? Who knows. But this looks like I can hope again^^

By the way his next tweet was:

I am getting hyped XD

It is happening^^

#2 Posted by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

Whatever Naughty Dog are working on, I'm there!

#3 Edited by shinjin977 (707 posts) -

Sci fi ND! Is my apartment enough for you ND? What about my car? How about my body? Just fucking take it all.

#4 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

OMG OMG OMG. Even Ashley Johnson^^

#5 Edited by erhard (347 posts) -

A Naughty Dog space game would be amazing.

EDIT: Maybe Elon Musk is just a fan.

EDIT 2: Seems even more likely since a voice actress was invited as well.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

You heard it here first: Naughty Dog are developing Portal 3.

#7 Posted by Ramone (2931 posts) -

That has the potential to be fucking incredible.

#8 Posted by Pie (6936 posts) -

Huh, weird how Ashley Johnson did it as well

#9 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

Who is Ashley Johnson?

I like space games. I guess it won't be coming for PC?

#10 Edited by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

Since Ashley Johnson's involved, I wonder then if this is all related to The Last of Us' single player DLC. Flip the script Undead Nightmare style by basing it all in space or something... Maybe they're setting it all around the comic books you could locate across the game.

@funkydupe Ellie.

#11 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

Who is Ashley Johnson?

I like space games. I guess it won't be coming for PC?

Ellie from the Last of Us.

#12 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

omg, if Naughty Dog makes a Sci Fi game.....

omg.

#13 Posted by StarvingGamer (7566 posts) -

So they're making Gravity: The Video Game?

#14 Edited by MB (11302 posts) -

There is a slight possibility that this could be nothing more than just a field trip. Just saying.

#15 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@mb: But why do they hope they will get more tours? And why was Ashley Johnson there. And Why were these comics in the LAst of Us? I think it is a bit too much of a coincidence here^^

#16 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

I remember finding the Savage Starlight comic in The Last of Us and immediately thought, "Is this a hint regarding a future Naughty Dog game? After seeing this, I still ask the same question.

#17 Posted by narujoe93 (2446 posts) -

ND SciFi would be cool, but hopefully they get their influences right. No star wars and star trek type shit, Mass Effect already did that. A Blade Runner/cyberpunk esque game would be cool, but why would they go to spacex for that? I cant really imagine a game like 2001, unless it was some indie title that was only a few hours... Not really sure how to feel about this...

Honestly, the thing I want to see from them the most is to open their games up a bit. An open world game from them would be instantly intriguing.

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5175 posts) -

I would rather they didn't do sci fi. There's so much sci fi in games.

#19 Posted by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

You could say the same about zombies, though, and I don't think the zombies hampered The Last of Us or made it feel tired or anything like that.

#20 Posted by Hunter5024 (5175 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@hunter5024 said:

You could say the same about zombies, though, and I don't think the zombies hampered The Last of Us or made it feel tired or anything like that.

I kind of think it did. I love The Last of Us, but if they'd delivered a game designed with the same level of expertise, but applied to a more novel setting, I think I would have loved it more.

#21 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -
#22 Posted by fetchfox (1159 posts) -

That would be awesome, I've consumed their games like drugs over the years. I have yet to play The Last Of Us though, but I don't think it'll disappoint.

#23 Edited by MooseyMcMan (9764 posts) -

The promise of Naughty Dog is about 38% of why I'm buying a PS4, so the possibly that it'll be a sci-fi space game is only making me MORE EXCITED. For a game that hasn't even been announced yet.

#24 Posted by Sweep (8542 posts) -

Sure, I'd go to space.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.